cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nintendo Switch Dolby Vision problem X15025 (MD 32025)

SOLVED
6 REPLIES 6
Keitosha
Trainee
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Nintendo Switch Dolby Vision problem X15025 (MD 32025)

TV model: Medion Life X15025 (MD 32025) 50" UHD TV

Software version: V.3.62.35.1 MED

Application Version: V.3.44.0.0

Nintendo Switch firmware version: 8.0.1

I have a problem with my Switch with this TV. The TV thinks it's getting a Dolby Vision signal from time to time and the screen goes black. It especially is a problem in Smash Ultimate (Sonic levels and WarioWare Inc levels are the worst, DV black screens all the time) and Mario Maker 2. I tried everything like using older HDMI cables, setting HDMI to regular, turning off CEC on the Switch. Sometimes it also happens with Youtube, but rarely. All the games are updated to the latest version. I can resolve it by changing the HDMI source to something else and back to the Switch until it gets black again.

This drives me nuts and considering returning the tv. I've seen a couple of topic with this issue, but nothing is changed. It doesn't happen with other brands of TV's (Samsung, LG). I wish I could disable DV support all together within the TV settings.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Keitosha
Trainee
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi @TPFLegionaire,

I've also posted my problem in the German section and got a PM from Andi who gave me an updated FW update which solves my problems. DV is working correctly now and no more back screens. My XB 1X is also detecting DV correctly now. Thank you for the kind and quick service.

But here are my tv specs:

TV model: Medion Life X15025 (MD 32025) 50 "UHD TV

MD32025 NL

MSN number: 30025395

Serial number: 8127162 801245

I suppose the firmware will get a global release soon since its dated from the end of May 2019.

I was using this topic: https://community.medion.com/t5/Video/MEDION-LIFE-X14321-Probleme-mit-Dolby-Vision/m-p/74934#M3766

View solution in original post

Keitosha
Trainee
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

6 REPLIES 6
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Keitosha 

Sorry for late reply, could you give me the MSN number of your tv (8 numbers lenght) so I can find the relevant data on our systems
I currently have no direct answer and will probably need to escalate.
You mentioned you found a couple of topics mentioning the issue,

could you post link to them , it will help me build a more complete picture of the issue so to speak.

I thank you for your patience, in the meantime , if you haven't done so already, I would recommend you post on forums or contact customer services of the different games affected to see if a solution is available their end.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

Keitosha
Trainee
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi @TPFLegionaire,

I've also posted my problem in the German section and got a PM from Andi who gave me an updated FW update which solves my problems. DV is working correctly now and no more back screens. My XB 1X is also detecting DV correctly now. Thank you for the kind and quick service.

But here are my tv specs:

TV model: Medion Life X15025 (MD 32025) 50 "UHD TV

MD32025 NL

MSN number: 30025395

Serial number: 8127162 801245

I suppose the firmware will get a global release soon since its dated from the end of May 2019.

I was using this topic: https://community.medion.com/t5/Video/MEDION-LIFE-X14321-Probleme-mit-Dolby-Vision/m-p/74934#M3766

pipanmurvoy
Trainee
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hello there,

I am also having the exact same issue.

Where can I get the update for this as well? As my switch is also constantly switching to the black Dolby Vision screen. It's very frustating.

My TV specs are:

Medion
MD31421 EU 108 cm LCD-TV

MSN: 30025368
EAN: 4061275043235

The software upgrade is: V.4.35.19.3 MED

Application Version: V.4.11.50.0

Any help would be great as otherwise I shall have to return the TV. I can't have a TV that isn't functioning properly. If there was a way to remove the attempt to activate the Dolby vision that would fix it. It keeps doing things automatically and that's causing the error.

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

H @pipanmurvoy 

I see that you have posted on the german thread alluded above, please wait for the mod there to get back to you with the right update for your TV.
All in all my collegues in Germany seem to have a good handle on this and I would recommend you carry on your querries on their threads for the time being.

Let me know on Tuesday if you still not have a resolution for this and i'll escalate it from here if need be.

Have a good weekend.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

Keitosha
Trainee
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

For my model tv, the solution was this firmware provided by Andi: http://cdn.medion.com/downloads/software/Fullupdate_md32025_SW3x_Nintendo.exe

pipanmurvoy
Trainee
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for that,

But i'll wait for them to provide me with an update for my model. As i'm worried it may make my one even worse (it's a different model)

They should be back by wednesday so if they're not back by then I'll give this a go.

Thanks again,

Philip

6 REPLIES 6