SOLVED
55 REPLIES 55
RebekahR
Trainee
Message 1 of 56
Message 1 of 56

Medion 58" TV (X15536 / MD 31436) Internet Issue

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me solve this.

All of a sudden my TV has become stuck in a boot loop and keeps restarting whenever it is connected to the internet.

When connected by Wi-Fi the boot loop continues until the TV seems to disconnect itself from the Wi-Fi, when connected by Ethernet cable it continues until the cable has been removed from the TV.

I have gone through the First time installation again to see if this could fix the error but it still happens after connecting to the internet

There are no issues with the internet as it is working fine for phone, laptop, Xbox etc. I have even tried using a 4G hub from a different internet provider and the same issue occurs.

I’m wondering if maybe it needs a software upgrade but I cannot carry this out through the internet on the TV at the moment

MSN: 30028460

Software: V.5.28.7.4 MED

Application Version: V.4.18.0.6

Thanks

Tags (1)
55 REPLIES 55
Lorna1875
Newcomer
Message 21 of 56
Message 21 of 56

My 55inch tv is also switching on and off constantly! pain in the a$$. Tried to contact Aldi but they told me to contact medion. Filled out a from now is it just a waiting game?

Hope they fix this issue soon, I have a week off work and no netflix 😞

Loran

ToniW
Beginner
Message 22 of 56
Message 22 of 56

Same problem here, started today. TV is working fine when not connected to the network. Happening to wired and wireless connection. Factory reset didn't help.

MSN30028466

Software Upgrade V.5.28.7.4 MED

Application version 4.18.0.6

Annanpiper
New Voice
Message 23 of 56
Message 23 of 56

I'm also having the same issue. Managed to disconnect my cat6 then tried WiFi. Same problem. Got it disconnected now tho. Mine is on the 55" X15575. Rather annoying I've reset my settings. How will am update be possible with no network connection??

VanTheWoman
Beginner
Message 24 of 56
Message 24 of 56

Thank you, Popcorn!

I'm literally tearing my hair out as I have the same TV/problem as you.

Medion's hotline isn't working, their callback facility is unavailable and the email I sent will take up to 3 days to be answered! And now you've found out it's an update fault anyway, so hope that's sorted pronto.

In the meantime, no TV at all...

tommo
Newcomer
Message 25 of 56
Message 25 of 56

I am having the same trouble. tried to factory reset, but it restarts before it can complete the setup, then starts again from beginning etc etc........ no reply from median, by either phone or email!! No TV, no service, not what you expect from Aldi products.

tommo
Newcomer
Message 26 of 56
Message 26 of 56

Thank you for posting this, I have just done a first install without setting up the internet and the tv is working again. Suppose we all now have to wait for the firmware to be resolved and then reconnect to the wifi for streaming services?

Popcorn
Trainee
Message 27 of 56
Message 27 of 56

Aww no worries, @VanTheWoman 🙏 All this tv malarkey is a pain, isn’t it? At least now having read this thread you know that Medion are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. 

Have you tried following the suggestions made here re disconnecting your tv from the internet? If you can manage to do that, you should be able to watch live tv again. 

In terms of apps/catch-up services, it seems that we can access these through an independent source such as a Sky box (I don’t have Sky so I don’t know if a certain type of box is required), or an Amazon Firestick or Fire Cube, as they use their own internet connection and don’t need the tv to be connected to the internet. 

I would hope that Medion will respond to this thread when they have established the fix as otherwise I’m not sure how everyone affected will be made aware of it. 

ricbro86
Trainee
Message 28 of 56
Message 28 of 56

I too have this issue, I have spent an hour on the phone just trying to get through to someone. 

Finally got to talk to someone and she said the phones have been non stop all day with people with this issue. So medion are definitely aware of this.

Luckily I managed to get to the first time installation screen and reset the tv and then set it back up without internet access. TV is working but obviously without any online content which is a shame. (Soon as I tried to reconnect to the internet the same bootloop happened)

Can't see how they are going to push through a software update without internet access.

The current TV I have is only a week old as my original set started rebooting last month so they sent me a replacement, don't have any faith in this model any more 😞

Popcorn
Trainee
Message 29 of 56
Message 29 of 56

Sorry to see another person affected by this @ricbro86

Yes indeed, Medion are definitely aware of this as they stated in the email I received that I copied and pasted in a post yesterday. Well done on getting through to them over the phone, though - that seems to be quite a rare achievement from what I’ve heard. 

Aldi’s support has been incredibly slow as well and unfortunately didn’t provide me with any more help than I’d been able to either work out for myself or find online. Seems pretty poor that neither the retailer or the manufacturer has provided any of us with proper help 😣

According to Medion (again, as they mentioned in their email yesterday), this issue is not limited to a particular model and is in fact affecting their larger tv models. So perhaps we need to lose faith in the brand, not just a certain model ☹️

Jaychurch
New Voice
Message 30 of 56
Message 30 of 56

Like everyone else, I've got the same problem and with no response from Medion customer services. I can imagine are having a very bad week! 

Followed the advice on here and now at least I can watch TV, but I can't see how they hope to fix the software update now no ones TV is connected to the Internet??!

Plus if it wasn't for finding this thread I would of had no idea. I'm sure there must a huge number of unhappy customers, who like me, thought they'd have to buy a new TV today!!! 

55 REPLIES 55