SOLVED
55 REPLIES 55
RebekahR
Trainee
Message 1 of 56
Message 1 of 56

Medion 58" TV (X15536 / MD 31436) Internet Issue

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me solve this.

All of a sudden my TV has become stuck in a boot loop and keeps restarting whenever it is connected to the internet.

When connected by Wi-Fi the boot loop continues until the TV seems to disconnect itself from the Wi-Fi, when connected by Ethernet cable it continues until the cable has been removed from the TV.

I have gone through the First time installation again to see if this could fix the error but it still happens after connecting to the internet

There are no issues with the internet as it is working fine for phone, laptop, Xbox etc. I have even tried using a 4G hub from a different internet provider and the same issue occurs.

I’m wondering if maybe it needs a software upgrade but I cannot carry this out through the internet on the TV at the moment

MSN: 30028460

Software: V.5.28.7.4 MED

Application Version: V.4.18.0.6

Thanks

Tags (1)
55 REPLIES 55
Popcorn
Trainee
Message 11 of 56
Message 11 of 56

@Chelsea1604 Sorry for the follow up message but this forum doesn’t allow posts to be edited.

You will need to reset the wifi on the tv, not on Sky Q 👍

Popcorn
Trainee
Message 12 of 56
Message 12 of 56

Medion’s ears must’ve been burning as they’ve literally just emailed me 😅

This is what they said:

Thank you for contacting us.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused. It appears that due to a Firmware update we have been experiencing this issue with our larger TV Models.

If you are able to turn your TV on, please go to the settings menu and disconnect all Wi-Fi/internet connections. Once this has been done, please perform a first time installation skipping the Wi-Fi/internet connection step and leaving it disconnected.

If you are unable to turn the TV on or it does not stay on long enough to access the menu screen, please turn off your Wi-Fi/internet router then proceed with the first time installation step above. Once completed ensure the TV is not connected to the Wi-Fi/internet and turn your router back on.

We are expecting a Firmware update shortly and we will be in contact to fully resolve this issue. In the meantime, it is also worth doing a static discharge of the TV as well if the above has not resolved the issue.

1.         Turn off the TV.
2.         Unplug all the cables from the TV
3.         Please leave for 15 seconds
4.         Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds (with the remote also) and then release it to drain the flea power (static charge.)
5.         Reconnect all cables back again and turn on the tv.
6.         Go to the setup menu and follow first time installation.

I hope this helps, if you are still having issues please can you reply to this e-mail with the following:

- the serial number of the TV
- an image of the whole TV screen
- the proof of purchase for the TV

Many thanks

If you require any further assistance then please do contact us.

Kind regards

So they’ve admitted it’s an update fault on their side and there’s no immediate fix but, as we’ve already discovered, disconnecting from the internet is the interim solution. Let’s hope they have a proper update soon 🤞

RebekahR
Trainee
Message 13 of 56
Message 13 of 56

Two more people have posted about the issue in another thread group so definitely seems to be an update issue, too much of a coincidence for the same thing to happen to us all! 

RebekahR
Trainee
Message 14 of 56
Message 14 of 56

@Popcorn didn't see your comment till after I'd posted, thanks for the update 🙂 

Chelsea1604
Beginner
Message 15 of 56
Message 15 of 56

Many thanks!

Phantasia111
Beginner
Message 16 of 56
Message 16 of 56

Mine does exactly the same, was working fine this morning, when I came home this afternoon it started rebooting. Through process of elimination I have found its the direct internet connection to TV. If I disconnect the cable / disable WiFi ,it works perfectly.

RebekahR
Trainee
Message 17 of 56
Message 17 of 56

I was doing everything I could think of, plugging in different plug sockets, having nothing else plugged in then only certain things plugged in trying to eliminate it before I got to the conclusion it was the Internet, took me longer than it should have haha! 

rainbow
New Voice
Message 18 of 56
Message 18 of 56

Thanks for this

After following the above advice

For any one who only watches the apps - if you have a phone or Laptop thats is connected to wifi you can do a wireless display if you put on Netflix or Youtube on your device:) just done it and I can watch youtube from my phone which is showing on the TV

You can select Wireless Device on Sources in the menu

Popcorn
Trainee
Message 19 of 56
Message 19 of 56

Great idea, @rainbow 🙌 Sadly it doesn’t work with my iPhone/iPad so must be an Android thing.

I do however have an Amazon Fire Cube, which is connected to the internet independently of the tv, so I can watch programmes via apps on that 👍

rainbow
New Voice
Message 20 of 56
Message 20 of 56

Yes 👍  I noticed it only works if you have an Android or Apple TV

55 REPLIES 55