MEDION TV doesn't connect with Chromecast

11 REPLIES 11
Pieterfalun
New Voice
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

MEDION TV doesn't connect with Chromecast

Hi all

We bought a Medion TV yesterday (Medion Life X15515, MD31505) with 4 HDMI-ports. I could easily connect my PS4, but Chromecast gives problems. For some reason, the TV says 'no signal' whenever I choose the HDMI-port with the Chromecastdongle on it. The Dongle works fine though, when I plug it into my other TV (an LG), it functions flawlessly. 

I can watch Netflix or Youtube, so the connection with internet is fine. All my devices are on the same WIFI in the house. I've reset the TV, the WIFI router, the Chromecast dongle etc. multiple times (I must have spent 4 hours on it so far). 

I called the helpdesk of Medion, but the man on the phone couldn't help me (he didn't make a too smart impression though). Can anyone help me on this forum? 

I hope to find a solution before Monday, otherwise I'll bring the device back to the shop. 

Thanks and regards!

Pieter

11 REPLIES 11
Pieterfalun
New Voice
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Thanks @Gehringer for all your help, unfontunately no one on the phone (at Google they only spoke French) wanted to dig deeper into the problem. So I brought the tv back, fortunately the cashier was nicer than then various people I got on the phone. 

Gehringer
Retired
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Hi @Pieterfalun ,

I am so sorry to hear that.

Thanks for getting back to report it.

Regards,

Gehringer

11 REPLIES 11