SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
mortenbo
Beginner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Mounting the Lifetab E10604 in Linux?

Hi,

When plugging in my Lifetab E10604 with a USB cable on my Linux computer, I can't seem to mount its filesystem, so that I can transfer files between my computer and the Lifetab. An icon is created on the desktop for the Lifetab and I can right click on the icon and select "mount", but nothing is mounted and I can't access the filesystem of the Lifetab.

Can someone help me?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mortenbo
Beginner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

OK, it was quite easy. After having plugged in the USB cable and connected the tablet to the computer, then under Settings -> Attached Devices -> USB, just click on USB, then a dialog window pops up, titled "Use USB For", and then you select "Transfer Files". After that the tablet's filesystem will be accessible in Linux when you mount it. Note that all the menu names are translated from Danish, so I am not 100% sure that they match the English original completely.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mortenbo
Beginner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

OK, it was quite easy. After having plugged in the USB cable and connected the tablet to the computer, then under Settings -> Attached Devices -> USB, just click on USB, then a dialog window pops up, titled "Use USB For", and then you select "Transfer Files". After that the tablet's filesystem will be accessible in Linux when you mount it. Note that all the menu names are translated from Danish, so I am not 100% sure that they match the English original completely.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi @mortenbo,

thank you for the explanation and the final solution. We´re sure, that other community users will appreciate your work.

Thanks a lot 🙂

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
2 REPLIES 2