6 ANTWORTEN 6
Nick89
Apprentice
Nachricht 1 von 7
6.145 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 7
6.145 Aufrufe

Medion Lifetab E10604

I bought this tablet one year ago and I was thinking to test new Android systems through the Project Treble. I did the test and it's supported, but the problem is that the bootloader it's locked by the manufacturer, in this case by Medion. Is it there a way to unlock it? Thanks in advance!

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Nachricht 5 von 7
6.041 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 7
6.041 Aufrufe

Hi @Nick89 

First of all , well done for finding a way to achieve what you were trying to do...It's a shame something went wrong.This is what I think your options  are for now .

You could elect to send back your device for an out of warranty repair. You'll recieve a quote from us and if it is too expensive to repair in your view you can decide not to go ahead . Contact our services

If you have not done so already , I would contact the bootloader software company and post on their forum, hopefully someone there my know of a way to recover/reflash the Bios.

I doubt a hard reset would do anything but if you haven't done it try that anyway (switch off tablet, switch on by pressing power button and volume up at the same time, see if the recovery menu comes up)

Good luck with the recovery.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

6 ANTWORTEN 6
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Nachricht 2 von 7
6.137 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 7
6.137 Aufrufe

hi @Nick89 

I have looked as hard as I could for a method to root this particular tablet but could not find any, a post on this forum seem to confirm that it may not be possible.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

Nick89
Apprentice
Nachricht 3 von 7
6.124 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 7
6.124 Aufrufe

Hi @TPFLegionaire,

It seems that nowadays some manufactureres like to keep you stucked with their own systems, which I find it kinda a bit unfair, comparing with a pc where you can change to any OS that you might like or you can upgrade your OS... For the moment I will be stucked to Oreo 8.1, till will be possible to test new Android flavours...  Thank you for your assistance and for putting the time to answer! 

Nick89
Apprentice
Nachricht 4 von 7
6.058 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 7
6.058 Aufrufe

I come with another big problem. I have unlocked the bootloader with ./fastboot oem unlock from Powershell. The problem is that I wasn't careful to the battery level when I was flashing an Android Pie system and now the tablet shows Orange state, Your bootloader was unlocked, Your device will reboot in 5 sec. It's an endless loop and I mention that the tablet doesn't recharge and if I connect to a computer it's recognized only for 5 seconds... Can it be fixed or it's really, really bad???

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Nachricht 5 von 7
6.042 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 7
6.042 Aufrufe

Hi @Nick89 

First of all , well done for finding a way to achieve what you were trying to do...It's a shame something went wrong.This is what I think your options  are for now .

You could elect to send back your device for an out of warranty repair. You'll recieve a quote from us and if it is too expensive to repair in your view you can decide not to go ahead . Contact our services

If you have not done so already , I would contact the bootloader software company and post on their forum, hopefully someone there my know of a way to recover/reflash the Bios.

I doubt a hard reset would do anything but if you haven't done it try that anyway (switch off tablet, switch on by pressing power button and volume up at the same time, see if the recovery menu comes up)

Good luck with the recovery.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

Nick89
Apprentice
Nachricht 6 von 7
6.028 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 7
6.028 Aufrufe

Hi

Nick89
Apprentice
Nachricht 7 von 7
6.027 Aufrufe
Nachricht 7 von 7
6.027 Aufrufe

Ok, I will try to see how it goes. Regarding the recovery software, I wanted also to have it before I flashed the tablet but unfortunately it's offered only for developers and you need to have the receipt to attest the date when you bought the product, which unfortunately I didn't found in my papers... and I think is not other option to get the software. Probably I don't have other option than to send the device to service. Thank you for your answers and support! @TPFLegionaire 

6 ANTWORTEN 6