SOLVED
9 REPLIES 9
earlofsabden
New Voice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Medion Akoya S3409 - MD60378

Hi all

My Medion Akoya S4309 - MD60378 running Intel Core i7 - 7th Generation will not boot.  I have attached a picture that I see when the Notebook starts. Do I need to purchase a bootable disk from Restore Solutions for example.  Any advise would be very helpful.  Thanks. The Earl of Sabden.

Medion Error.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
earlofsabden
New Voice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Hi

Now solved 

Thanks for your time

The Earl of Sabden

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Hello @earlofsabden  and welcome

your picture is not released yet.

you don't need anything extra except possibly a USB stick to reinstall Win 10 via the Media Creation Tool.

But first see what your picture shows.

Drivers and bios can be found here if required.

http://www1.medion.de/downloads/index.pl?op=detail&id=16236&type=treiber&lang=uk

http://www1.medion.de/downloads/index.pl?op=detail&id=16235&type=treiber&lang=uk

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
earlofsabden
New Voice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hi

thanks for the reply

On start-up after pressing the del or esc key (can't remember which) this message pops up and it read as follows;

Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed.

Insert Recovery Media and Hit any key.

The Select 'Boot Manager' to choose a new Boot Device or to Boot Recovery Media.

- what is my next step.  Thanks in advance.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi @earlofsabden 

you seem to have a problem with the hard disk or with the boot sector on it.

you can use another computer to install the MediaCreationTool / https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209 on a usb stick.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

you boot with it and you can possibly repair the boot sector if the hard disk is still working.

If that doesn't work because he can't find it, check whether the hard drive is still properly installed or check on another computer whether it's still working.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
earlofsabden
New Voice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Hi

On a USB stick I've installed the BIOS and Driver Package updates toy supplied - thanks for that.  I have also put on the USB the Win 10 creation update tool.

I have put the USB into the Medion laptop without the power on and after switch on I only get the same message;

Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed.

Insert Recovery Media and Hit any key.

The Select 'Boot Manager' to choose a new Boot Device or to Boot Recovery Media.

Nothing seems to boot from the USB 

I have taken off the Win creation tool and the driver update and just left the BIOS update on the USB  - nothing happens

I have done various options - driver updates only on the USB - nothing happens.

Any other suggestions please.

The Earl of Sabden

earlofsabden
New Voice
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

This is what I'm presented with on start up

Medion Error 2.PNG

earlofsabden
New Voice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Hi

Now solved 

Thanks for your time

The Earl of Sabden

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi @earlofsabden ,

very good,

also tell us how you did it so that other users can benefit from it too.

bye Fishtown

earlofsabden
New Voice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Hi

You will be amused.

The laptop was given to my Nephew back in September 2021 when he went to University.   A few weeks back he told me it was slow, freezing and the occasional blue screen on startup.

He took it to a local high street repair shop who said the motherboard was overheating.  I told my Nephew to hand it back to me, I collected it on Saturday. 

The issues I have written about in this thread were on startup,  but I thought I'd take the back cover off just to make sure all components were secure. 

Nothing was able to boot thats because NO Hard Drive was there.

The repair shop had taken out the hard drive and given it back to my Nephew like that. Nasty people.

I'm collecting it tomorrow from my local PC shop with a new SSD installed. 

Thanks for your time I really appreciate your help.

The Earl of Sabden 

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi @earlofsabden 

Thank you for the clarification.

I don't find it funny at all.

starting a legal dispute because of this probably doesn't bring anything, but giving the repair shop a negative online rating should be done in any case, that would be the least.

bye Fishtown

9 REPLIES 9