cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X5020. (New from Amazon UK). Dead after one week.

5 REPLIES 5
musicrab
New Voice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

X5020. (New from Amazon UK). Dead after one week.

Phone has been good for 1 week.  Then last night I saw it charge to 100% then it turned off.  I cannot turn it on. Screen is dead. Power button NOTHING.  Power + Volume down NOTHING.   Power +Volume Up NOTHING.  Can it be dead from over-charging?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
musicrab
New Voice
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

PS. As an experiment I connected the phone to computer with USB cable. A number of drives came up (media QHS_BULK), the first one with folder image containing lots of modem stuff (doesn't mean anything to me).

** So the phone's on; how do I switch it off? **

**  NB. screen is blank all the time. **

IMG_20170709_150227678_HDR.jpgIMG_20170709_150455214.jpg

musicrab
New Voice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

(sorry, I assume you can edit a post but haven't found that option yet!).

After 24hours dead, I conencted phone to computer again and nothing happened for a couple of minutes... then... screen came to life... "charging 0%...1%..."

So it appears to have been in a dead/over-charged shutdown state for 24hours and once battery was depleted it has come baxck to life. I have no idea what is going on.  Am charging it again and will see what happens when it gets to 100% again.

DarkKnight
Contributor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @musicrab,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with this newly purchased phone.

If you have power, I would advise to try and factory rest the phone by holding down the power button and the volume up button.

You should be presented with a menu in which a recovery / reset option is listed.

If you are nort able to do this then I would advise reporting this unit as faulty to Amazon so you can return it for a refund or exchange.

Hope this helps

@DarkKnight

musicrab
New Voice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

If you have power, I would advise to try and factory rest the phone by holding down the power button and the volume up button.t

It was a very strange one. After the 100% charge on Sat night I coudln't get another out of it - not even by holding down the power button and the volume up button - as if the battery had been unplugged.  But could plug the phone into a computer and could see the image drive.  Only after 24 hours - I believe when the phone had totally discharged - did the screen come back with "charging 0%... 1% etc"

Now working as normal.  Question. Should you always use the supplied charger?

DarkKnight
Contributor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi @musicrab

Glad to hear that you item is now working as it should.

It normally is best to use the supplied charger that comes with the unit as this is part of the design of the unit.

Hop this helps

@DarkKnight

5 REPLIES 5