cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[URGENT] Phone isn't connecting to WiFi (X5020)

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
ilyasmiah
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

[URGENT] Phone isn't connecting to WiFi (X5020)

So I recently bought the Medion LIFE X5020, and for about half a day the WiFi has been working fine. Then I left home and connected to a friend's home WiFi. After I returned home, I saw that my phone isn't connected to my own home WiFi. From then I keep trying but it sometimes connects for a few seconds then disconnects and the rest of the time it doesn't connect at all.

I need help with this urgently as my data connection at home isn't very good. It will be much appreciated 🙂

EDIT: And now whenever I try to connect it says "Failed to connect to the network" on a kind of pop-up message similar to when an Android phone tells its user that they're now a developer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ilyasmiah
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

TL;DR - It seems to me that the problem has completely disappeared after I uninstalled the "McAfee Mobile Security" app.

After much investigation (believe me, a lot) onto all sorts of different forums and websites, and going through all sorts such as finding a temporary solution by trying to manually add my WiFi network or changing my WiFi name to trick my phone into detecting the network several times (which would only let me connect once - if at all, and wouldn't let me reconnect after disconnecting for whatever reason like going away from home or Airplane Mode or whatever etc.) I finally came across a reply on this website that went like this:

"I've just had this problem on my Xperia Z2 the last 2 days. Did a factory reset then the problem immediately restarted when I reinstalled McAfee - seems to have kicked in since they did the last McAfee update 2 days ago. Waiting for the next update to see if it'll be fixed. Funny that it only happens with 2 of the 3 networks I have set up at home (thick stone walls)"

So from this I clung onto the hope that maybe it has something to do with McAfee Mobile Security as - if I do recall correctly now - it was around the time that I'd set my account up that these problems began to bother me. So then I figured I'd try uninstalling and see what happens in hopes that it actually gets me somewhere and it turns out that it did.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @ilyasmiah

It sounds like maybe wrong info is saved for your network. Try going to the Wifi settings, keep your finger pressed on your network and then choose forget network. After this, when you reconnect you have to enter the password again, see if this solves the problem. 

If not, does the phone still work on other networks?

Kind regards,
Bart
ilyasmiah
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

TL;DR - It seems to me that the problem has completely disappeared after I uninstalled the "McAfee Mobile Security" app.

After much investigation (believe me, a lot) onto all sorts of different forums and websites, and going through all sorts such as finding a temporary solution by trying to manually add my WiFi network or changing my WiFi name to trick my phone into detecting the network several times (which would only let me connect once - if at all, and wouldn't let me reconnect after disconnecting for whatever reason like going away from home or Airplane Mode or whatever etc.) I finally came across a reply on this website that went like this:

"I've just had this problem on my Xperia Z2 the last 2 days. Did a factory reset then the problem immediately restarted when I reinstalled McAfee - seems to have kicked in since they did the last McAfee update 2 days ago. Waiting for the next update to see if it'll be fixed. Funny that it only happens with 2 of the 3 networks I have set up at home (thick stone walls)"

So from this I clung onto the hope that maybe it has something to do with McAfee Mobile Security as - if I do recall correctly now - it was around the time that I'd set my account up that these problems began to bother me. So then I figured I'd try uninstalling and see what happens in hopes that it actually gets me somewhere and it turns out that it did.

ilyasmiah
New Voice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@ilyasmiah wrote:

So I recently bought the Medion LIFE X5020, and for about half a day the WiFi has been working fine. Then I left home and connected to a friend's home WiFi. After I returned home, I saw that my phone isn't connected to my own home WiFi. From then I keep trying but it sometimes connects for a few seconds then disconnects and the rest of the time it doesn't connect at all.

I need help with this urgently as my data connection at home isn't very good. It will be much appreciated 🙂

EDIT: And now whenever I try to connect it says "Failed to connect to the network" on a kind of pop-up message similar to when an Android phone tells its user that they're now a developer.

Thanks, I appreciate the effort but the issue's now been resolved. I'm sorry for not posting it sooner.

Luke
Community Manager
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hello @ilyasmiah,

Thank you for posting your solution, which is -indeed- very interesting,

to say the least...

Greetings,

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
4 REPLIES 4