2 ANTWORTEN 2
ilyasmiah
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 3
2.744 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 3
2.744 Aufrufe

Google App & Lag (X5020)

So the WiFi issue regarding which I'd previously posted now seems to have been resolved however now I'm facing a couple more issues:

Firstly, the Google (Now/Search) App. It keeps closing as soon as I open it unless I use Voice Search. A couple of others have also reported this on HUKD. (Though someone said that uninstalling updates on it then reinstalling them did the job, but then updated his comment saying it - in fact - didn't, so I'm in the process of doing that right now anyway, I'll make an edit to say how it went.)

And secondly, my biggest concern is that this phone boasts a 3GB RAM and an Octa-Core Snapdragon (6XX, can't remember specifically) processor, so I - (relatively) as a newbie - am struggling to understand why exactly the phone lags at times. (It also froze and restarted 3 times within my first few hours using it but hasn't done so since then. (2 out of the 3 times were when I was on Snapchat, and can't remember the other one. I think throughout that time my Play Store may have been updating apps though). Any ideas, anyone?

PS: What stage of development is this phone at? Is the bootloader already unlocked? Are there any custom ROMs? Or any other way to update it from Android Lollipop (5.0.2)?

2 ANTWORTEN 2
DarkKnight
Contributor
Nachricht 2 von 3
2.726 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 3
2.726 Aufrufe

Hi @ilyasmiah

For the lag issue I would recommend reseting the phone back factory deafults and see if the issues you are having are still present. I would then load a single app and see if anything has changed. If nothing has change then load the next app and test.

Keep doing this until the problem re-occurs ant then you will have the app that could be causing the problem.

If the check for updates is not giving you an option to upgrade further then this would indicate that the next version is not available and I amnot able to find an upgrade Matrix for this phone at the moment.

Hope this helps

@DarkKnight

Bodgekin
Mentor
Nachricht 3 von 3
2.725 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 3
2.725 Aufrufe

Hi @ilyasmiah

Often, removing the cache for some apps also helps in solving problems in my experience, and also removing and reinstalling updates like you're already doing. If that didn't work I'd restore the factory defaults and start over. Also make sure if you reset, that after that you set it up as a new device, without syncing apps and settings. I've had problems in the past where a launcher3 error kept popping up because somehow settings from a phone got synched with a tablet :S.

I've never tried installing custom roms and such, so I cant tell you anything about that I'm afraid :).

Kind regards,
Bart
2 ANTWORTEN 2