Did you mean: 

Old Medion MD 5001 photo recovery.

3 REPLIES 3
yurikha
New Voice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Old Medion MD 5001 photo recovery.

Hello, i have been redirected to these forums after contacting customer support with an issue i have with my old MD 5001 (2004 camera, MSN 5000 4344). I was told that the camera is not in your system anymore.

I have been trying to run a file recovery program to scan it and try and recover any deleted pictures i have had on it after rediscovering my camera because i have lost them from my hard drive long ago.

The drivers that came with the software didnt install on windows 10 so i had to run a virtual machine and emulate windows xp, i was able to install the drivers and recover 3 pictures still in the memomy but was unable to get the camera to list as a removable storage device so i could scan it to recover files. I tried uninstalling the drivers to just let win xp autodetect it, but it didnt work properly, is there any way i can have my camera show up as removable storage or as a drive letter somehow either it be on windows 10 or xp so i can scan it and maybe recover some of my lost photos?

Or does the camera have an internal sd card that i could plug into a card reader and scan it like that? I would preffer to not have to dissasemble it as it has emotional value to me.

I hope i can get some help on the issue, thank you and have a great day 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @yurikha and welcome to the forum!

I have found this driver update from 2003 for your camera and it looks like you will need to run either Win 98 or Win ME in your virtual machine to install it. That might be the reason why you are not able to have your camera recognized as an external device.

Another idea would be to have these old Windows running on an old PC instead of a virtual machine

I also don't think your camera has an internal removable memory card.

Regards,

Gehringer

yurikha
New Voice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thank you, i will give it a try.

Murray514
Newcomer
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hard Reset Medion Life E5001 from Recovery Mode — From the Recovery Mode menu, choose "wipe data/factory reset" using Volume buttons and press Medion Life E5001 Hard Reset has been performed.

3 REPLIES 3