1 RÉPONSE 1
africasiaeuro
Beginner
Message 1 sur 2
2 086 Visites
Message 1 sur 2
2 086 Visites

Akoya S4220-MD99660 Windows Serial needed

After 3 years of uninterrupted service I am compelled to use Linux on same system.

This preluded several attempts to reinstall windows from internal backup, After several HDD errors were discovered, I shifted the MBR and OS to another part of the HDD.

In order to reinstall windows however I need the Windows serial that came with my Notebook.

This is no longer visible.

I hope Medion is able to render assistance here.

Ubuntu is fine but lacks the ability of running many software programs,

Thanks

AfricAsiaEuro.com

1 RÉPONSE 1
Burki48
Message 2 sur 2
2 069 Visites
Message 2 sur 2
2 069 Visites

Hello @africasiaeuro and welcome to the Community.

PCs and notebooks shipped with Windows version 8.x or higher are equipped with the corresponding Product key in BIOS. This is then automatically read out if required. Entering a product key is not necessary. Also you won't find the product key on the device in form of a sticker anymore.

Please make sure that you install the Windows version with which your notebook was shipped at the time, otherwise there are problems with the activation of the Windows version.

For example, if your notebook was shipped with Windows 10 Home, you will also need a Windows 10 Home version.

Greeting
Burki

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

1 RÉPONSE 1