What convertor do i need to use an NBC Touch Panel WS 17,3" C17M on my pc

3 REPLIES 3
Baklap
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

What convertor do i need to use an NBC Touch Panel WS 17,3" C17M on my pc

Hello,

Im experimenting with some laptop hardware here, its actually a 3 year old medion akoya 17" with touch screen.

what i want to do is connect its touch overlay to my pc for further application development.

So Medion's tech support was kind enough to provide me with the model no. of the touchpanel listed above.

but i can't seem to find a suitable convertor to USB for this panel.

If someone out here has some more information for me where to search or even order parts...

thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Baklap

I dont think there are any such premade convertors available, what exactly are you planning to do with the touchpanel? Converting a regular monitor to a touchscreen with the digitizer?

Kind regards,
Bart
Baklap
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi Bart,

As ive found out most of the convertors are for resistive panels only.

i actually am planning on using it to cover a printed paper showing instructions on a homemade arcade machine.

so instead of going oldskool with big press buttons i'd like to use a touch panel.

since is had this laying around i'd like to have a use for it instead of buying a new digitizer.

Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

That sounds like an awesome project man :D, I'd love to see some pics when you get it up and and running!
If the touchpanel works through a USB flatcable, maybe you can somehow fabricate your own using something like this and  an USB cable from like an old mouse or something? 

I have no experience with this kind of hardware  modding, so I might be way off, if so, then I'm sorry, 
just brainstorming a bit 😄

Kind regards,
Bart
3 REPLIES 3