Peroman
Trainee
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Problem with TV

Hi,

I recently bought this TV.
But when I tried to search for channels, I didn't find a single one

I thought at first that maybe antenna wall socket in my room didn't work so I bought this room antenna

but still didn't managed to find channels. (TV says that signal is mostly between 0-20%)

When I changed location in apartment and plugged TV in the kitchen, I found 5-6 channels.

Do you guys (and girls) have any recommendations how to get a stronger signal in my room, or any other soulutions so that I can watch german tv?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@Peroman 

It depends on the region you live in. Not at all places the T 2 - Signal is available. 

Put the Aerial outside your kitchen window (incl. power-supply) and give it a try.

What is wrong with your wall socket?

daddle

Peroman
Trainee
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Is it possible that in the middle of Berlin T 2 signal is not available?

When I put it outside the window it's the same (signal is very good), but I don't want to have a tv in the kitchen haha.

I don't know why I can't get signal from my room, which is basically few meters away.

Nothing is wrong with wall socket I guess, it's just that nothing happens when I plug tv in it.

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@Peroman 

It was just meant for test purposes.

Did you choose the right antenna input socket and the correct frequency range? Search for digital signal, there is no analogue TV any<ymore.

What service is your wall outlet for Cable, Terrestrial or Satellite?  Follow the Instructions of your manual from Page 19 on: :https://intranet.medion.com/ftp/pdf/bda_md3011_(7_8_9)_en.pdf

daddle

Peroman
Trainee
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I did choose the right socket, and I didn't change anything about frequency range (I left it as it was).

You mean like what "type" is my wall socket? If yes, then it's terrestrial.

I did read the manual and set everything up as it says, but no results.

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@Peroman 

I woiuld check the TV at another outlet in the same house, neighbours may be, or with friends sömewhere else?

And start a complete First Time Instal again.

If it does not work there as well, you have to contact the service.

daddle

Peroman
Trainee
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Thank you very much for the help

6 REPLIES 6