6 REPLIES 6
Andrii
New Voice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Medion E2228t MD61250 not power off

Hello/

I have a preoblem. Medion E2228t 

They presented the device, but it turned out to be not working. Burnt down Axp288c. Have a replacement power manager axp228c. It's work. but.
Now the medion does not turn off completely. Windows shows shutdown, the screen goes blank, the power indicator blinks and after a while the PC turns on again.

What is this? What to do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@Gehringer 

I have twice tried to make use of the Windows-recovery. With keeping your Data takes endless time, and it crashes around 70 %, or without keeping the data the recovery crashes around 80 %; in both cases the reason was a lack of memory-space, depending on the only 64 GB eMMC. 

The second way I tried was to make use of a USB-Stick (8GB), made with the MediaCreationTool.  This one I started inside Windows as an inplace-update with the setup.exe and keeping my data.

In fact my windows was uptodate, so it just had the function as a repair-control- install.

It worked one time out of three trials; also because of  too little eMMC-memory it failed twice. And it takes quite long on the little convertibles. But worthwhile to give it a try.

Last wáy and fastest and safest is a complete reinstall with the USB Win 10-Stick, made with  the MCT.

So you get the newest version of Win 10, and no long update-rally will follow! 

Finished, you only have to install the driver setup from the Medion-Service page. Most parts of the driver-install will give a failure, because WIndows got the drivers already. But just keep on installing by pressing Enter. The failures marked in flaming red don't do any harm. Only NB specific drivers necessarily will be installed faultlessly, like Chipset- and Hotkey Drivers.

@Gehringer  schrieb:

I would recommend you to back your data up and then perform a factory settings reset (instructions on page 39 of user guide here).

Then install all the windows updates and make sure your drivers are also updated.

Hi @Gehringer , this way it is not really a factory reset, because  the Updates and installed drivers are kept if they are functional, second the Windows reset checkes for updates also.

So it also take quite a long time, a couple of hours depending on the speed of the proc, chipset and memory. For an hour or even more the NB feels like frozen, no activity is to be seen. And it can reboot, If it doesn't breaks down because lack of memory as I described above. 

Happy Easter, daddle

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Andrii and welcome to the forum.

Can you please provide me the MSN number of your product?

You should check for an 8-digits number normally starting by 500 or 300

Regards,

Gehringer

Andrii
New Voice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi.

MD 61250

MSN 30024416

Tags (1)
Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Andrii ,

I would recommend you to back your data up and then perform a factory settings reset (instructions on page 39 of user guide here).

Then install all the windows updates and make sure your drivers are also updated.

Let us know if it has solved the issue.

Regards,

Gehringer

daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@Gehringer 

I have twice tried to make use of the Windows-recovery. With keeping your Data takes endless time, and it crashes around 70 %, or without keeping the data the recovery crashes around 80 %; in both cases the reason was a lack of memory-space, depending on the only 64 GB eMMC. 

The second way I tried was to make use of a USB-Stick (8GB), made with the MediaCreationTool.  This one I started inside Windows as an inplace-update with the setup.exe and keeping my data.

In fact my windows was uptodate, so it just had the function as a repair-control- install.

It worked one time out of three trials; also because of  too little eMMC-memory it failed twice. And it takes quite long on the little convertibles. But worthwhile to give it a try.

Last wáy and fastest and safest is a complete reinstall with the USB Win 10-Stick, made with  the MCT.

So you get the newest version of Win 10, and no long update-rally will follow! 

Finished, you only have to install the driver setup from the Medion-Service page. Most parts of the driver-install will give a failure, because WIndows got the drivers already. But just keep on installing by pressing Enter. The failures marked in flaming red don't do any harm. Only NB specific drivers necessarily will be installed faultlessly, like Chipset- and Hotkey Drivers.

@Gehringer  schrieb:

Hi @Gehringer , this way it is not really a factory reset, because  the Updates and installed drivers are kept if they are functional, second the Windows reset checkes for updates also.

So it also take quite a long time, a couple of hours depending on the speed of the proc, chipset and memory. For an hour or even more the NB feels like frozen, no activity is to be seen. And it can reboot, If it doesn't breaks down because lack of memory as I described above. 

Happy Easter, daddle

johnmcgregor
Newcomer
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

What about a hard shut down? The data may get corrupted so you'll need to back up everything but it should help. You may also want to check your AC adapter to ensure it delivers the proper voltage.

domyessay

daddle
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@johnmcgregor 

Your post is about a half year too late. Second I do not understand why your post is kudoed. If you do a hard shut down -- you mean switching plainly off - and restart again you are in the same trouble again, because Windows is in a bootloop, which will persistently repeat the same fault..

You can not suppress a Windows bootloop just by switching power off.

daddle

6 REPLIES 6