annuler
Affichage des résultats de 
Rechercher plutôt 
Vouliez-vous dire : 

Laptop came with invalid Windows 10 key. Can I get another?

18 RÉPONSES 18
TheUberMedic
New Voice
Message 1 sur 19
8 283 Visites
Message 1 sur 19
8 283 Visites

Laptop came with invalid Windows 10 key. Can I get another?

Strangely, the key that came with my new laptop wasn't valid so I assumed this is an error with Medion as the laptop was brand new and when I first started it up, it acted like it was the first time it was turned on. Is it possible to get another key?

18 RÉPONSES 18
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 sur 19
5 140 Visites
Message 2 sur 19
5 140 Visites

Hi @TheUberMedic

I dont think it is possible for them to just send you a new key since it is tied to the hardware. The Windows key is integrated somewhere in the BIOS these days so I dont think you can change it yourself. I think your best bet in this case is to contact Medion. 

Kind regards,
Bart
Altenburger
Newcomer
Message 3 sur 19
4 258 Visites
Message 3 sur 19
4 258 Visites

Hello,

I have the same issue: Medion has invalid pre-installed product key (Windows 10). I checked the Activation Status. I was told on the official Microsoft forum that It should be 'Digital License'. But it's not.

Unfortunately, I don't have any retail Product key, Windows 7 or 8 , to insert it in the Activation Settings and see whether it is still working. Do I need to open a piracy case with Microsoft now? Thanks.

Adrian

| Microsoft howtotell policy |

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/cfr/report.aspx essays.agency on college laptops: Medion and Dell

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 4 sur 19
4 255 Visites
Message 4 sur 19
4 255 Visites

Good morning @Altenburger ,

first of all welcome to our Community. We´re pretty sure to get your issue solved but at first we need to know, about which unit we are talking about. What is the name od the PC, or do you have a laptop/AIO? Where did you buy it and, what is the 8-digit MSN material number, which is printed on the bottom/backside of your machine and finally (most important) how exactly did you get in Microsoft activation trouble?

Cheers

Major ToM

P.S. If you want me to receive a notice about your posted answer,please tag me with an @-Sign (like @Major_ToM)

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
mvde
Apprentice
Message 5 sur 19
4 048 Visites
Message 5 sur 19
4 048 Visites

Hi @Major_ToM,

got the same problem: bought a new laptop 2 days ago (MSN: 30030922) model MD63780 E14304. After first boot and some basic first-time setup, got the error that Windows could not be activated (error code: 0xC004C008 : productcode has already been used on another device).

Product-id: 00356-02315-41675-AAOEM

Productcode: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-D3XCY

I already created an online helpdesk-ticket at the medion-servicedesk, but did not yet get any response (except for a confirmation-mail to state that they logged my ticket)

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 6 sur 19
4 043 Visites
Message 6 sur 19
4 043 Visites

i @mvde,

I suppose we should have a closer look on this issue, due to the fact, that we have a huge number of this units sold and this is currently the single case with this issue on my personal screen.
State:"..After first boot and some basic first-time setup,.."

Could you please explain this a bit more detailed?

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
mvde
Apprentice
Message 7 sur 19
4 039 Visites
Message 7 sur 19
4 039 Visites

@Major_ToM  ,

just answering the questions that are asked at first boot (country, language, ...). Then I logged in the first time using a Microsoft account (not a local account). Then I spotted the error (on the desktop background) which made me look at the activation menu , where I found the error

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 8 sur 19
4 035 Visites
Message 8 sur 19
4 035 Visites

Hi @mvde ,

maybe you could upload a screenshot of your screen (without the serial nr. information)?
Remind that it could take a few minutes until a mod grants access to the picture

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

mvde
Apprentice
Message 9 sur 19
4 032 Visites
Message 9 sur 19
4 032 Visites

Hi @Major_ToM ,

just got a reply from the helpdesk with instructions:

Open a CMD window and execute:  slmgr.vbs –rearm

and wait till the process completes and try to activate again.. will do that first now and keep you updated on the result

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 10 sur 19
4 028 Visites
Message 10 sur 19
4 028 Visites

Hi @mvde ,

really sounds like a plan, feedback very appreciated.

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

18 RÉPONSES 18