heatsink material? MEDION Beast X25 (MD62259) nvidia 3080

SOLVED
3 REPLIES 3
RRG
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

heatsink material? MEDION Beast X25 (MD62259) nvidia 3080

Hi, does anyone know the material of the heatsinks used for this laptop? I'm wondering if one can apply some liquid metal to it for better cooling.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RRG
Beginner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Last update, for any brave soul that wishes to attempt the same thing:

I have opened up the machine, it was indeed a copper heat sink, exactly as it was showed in this video: https://youtu.be/stf6WWeGVxg?t=400

I have also successfully applied liquid metal to the laptop and done some 3DMark tests before and after.

Overall, the machine is much cooler to the touch when idle/browsing the web. While gaming it still becomes warm right next to the "rtyui" keys, but its more bearable now.

The results show that the CPU went from mid-90s C to mid-80s C, while the GPU stayed more or less the same.

I feel like some extra heat pipes would be needed for the machine to become really cool, or maybe the radiator parts are just not bulky enough to dissipate the heat. But who knows at this point?

I have attached the image results at the bottom.

pre metal:

RRG_2-1661270436273.png

post metal:

RRG_1-1661270407300.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @RRG ,

unfortunately we don´t have a ERAZER Beast X25 in hand but, maybe other users like @ThaMadden , @willopj , @JvdEngel , @agent-orangeCH@Revo  or @slackbladder might have an answer on it, as they operate with the appropriate machine.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
RRG
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

A little update to my question:

I have found this youtube video of a similar model (still x25, but not the exact MD number), and if you play it at x0.25 speed at min 6:39 you can see the heatsink being turned around to the camera. It looks like points that touch the processing units are copper. As such, I will try to apply some liquid metal to this machine and see what happens.

May the odds be in my favor XD

video: https://youtu.be/stf6WWeGVxg?t=400

RRG
Beginner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Last update, for any brave soul that wishes to attempt the same thing:

I have opened up the machine, it was indeed a copper heat sink, exactly as it was showed in this video: https://youtu.be/stf6WWeGVxg?t=400

I have also successfully applied liquid metal to the laptop and done some 3DMark tests before and after.

Overall, the machine is much cooler to the touch when idle/browsing the web. While gaming it still becomes warm right next to the "rtyui" keys, but its more bearable now.

The results show that the CPU went from mid-90s C to mid-80s C, while the GPU stayed more or less the same.

I feel like some extra heat pipes would be needed for the machine to become really cool, or maybe the radiator parts are just not bulky enough to dissipate the heat. But who knows at this point?

I have attached the image results at the bottom.

pre metal:

RRG_2-1661270436273.png

post metal:

RRG_1-1661270407300.png

3 REPLIES 3