Did you mean: 

Medion uk warranty problems

1 REPLY 1
kim33k
Newcomer
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Medion uk warranty problems

I bought a Medion x40 beast laptop last year, after roughly 9 months the A key stopped working, the D key fell off and the screen started to have a weird fuzzy look. I signed up to the medion uk website and went through the process of using the warranty. That all went smoothly enough, very quickly they arranged pick up of my laptop in the original box and with charger I sent it, my first time using a warranty but that was all fine. Then a month past so emailed to chase up, after repeatedly chasing I finally received my laptop back fully reset and looking fixed. I set it up and went through the set up process as you normally would but then realised I was getting no power from the power unit/charger. On closer inspection there was a scrape mark across the top and the wire seemed to be new that came with it with a giant white sticker, this charger was not my original charger I had sent and did not work. Back to emailing medion uk, we are very sorry and will send you a new charger 3-5 days, phone call the following week from them, it will take 12-15 days. 3 emails after this with excuse after excuse, it has been lost in the post, we used royal mail no tracking etc, now back to the current day another email I will need to wait 10 days for it to be sent again. 11th of january 2024 they received my laptop to fix it, it is now 20th march 2024 and I am still getting nowhere with getting a charger unit with my laptop just sat there unusable while my warranty ticks away. I feel like I have been completely swindled out of a lot of money and given a warranty not worth anything.

I was hoping as I could not see it anywhere on their website if anyone maybe had similar problems and may know of a complaints department they might have or if it would be worth me just taking it straight to small claims court to get my money back.

1 REPLY 1
RAZZ
Explorer
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Dear @kim33k ,

We are extremally sorry for this situation you have found yourself in, as I have no case details on here it is difficult for me to look into this case however if you could email escalation@medion.com with your Medion account details I will be able to look into this, you should have been advised not to send any accessories (charger etc) with your unit as our workshop is set up with power supplies for all unit types and these are not needed.

thanks 

1 REPLY 1