MaTroy
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 12
17.176 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 12
17.176 Aufrufe

Medion MD98844 Laptop password

Hello all

I have been given a Medion MD98844 Laptop and when you switch it on i get a blie screen with a little box that says Password and a space underneath to type 

I have tryed pulling the cemos battery out and the main batery and leaving it uplugged for over an hour and it still says it

as far as i can tell this is not a windows password (it does it with or without a hard drive installed) 

any ideas?

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen
MaTroy
New Voice
Nachricht 11 von 12
19.763 Aufrufe
Nachricht 11 von 12
19.763 Aufrufe

So the guy from the smash and grab, cough cough, I mean my friend, said her son was messing around with the laptop and he said he put a password of QWERTY on there but wasnt sure what he was doing.  Anyway, i put QWERTY into the pasword box and im in

problem solved 🙂 result!

hope this helps somone, because "daddle" certanly wont!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

11 ANTWORTEN 11
daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 12
15.836 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 12
15.836 Aufrufe

@MaTroy

This normally happens with stolen Laptops (without suspecting you in general). But a bios-password is set for safety, so why should someone help to overrule such safety-appliancies.

Your writing says " was given". Then you should ask the preowner which Bios - Password he utilized. Or if he is in the family or a friend, you should be able to ask him for the receit he got when he bought the laptop. Than you might get some help here. Or with Medion.

regards, daddle

MaTroy
New Voice
Nachricht 3 von 12
15.831 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 12
15.831 Aufrufe

I understand your concern 

A friend of mine owned it, bought it from new.  the hard drive packed up on it and she bought a new laptop

she dosnt know a great deal about laptops and didnt set a password on there

I simpally took the old hard drive out and tested it and replaced it with an old hard drive I have kicking round but it comes up with the message that it requires a password.

She bought it new so its not stolen, and she never set any passwords on it, she wouldnt even know how to do anything outside windows 

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 4 von 12
15.823 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 12
15.823 Aufrufe

@MaTroy

Ok, I didn't say it was a stolen laptop. 

The password asked for as you describe it in the little window is a typical Bios-PW, and must have been set by some person.

The only alternativ password asked for at this stage of the booting process could be a set harddisk-password, which is checked also before booting the system. But this you should know, seeing it is an old harddisk of yours.

And I although don't know if  in such a case there shouln't come a screen-mask asking especially for a harddisk-pw.

I never use this feature (hd-pw) because it implicates in case of loss a nonrecoverable wasted harddisk.

So something sounds strange about your explanation. Sorry, daddle

MaTroy
New Voice
Nachricht 5 von 12
15.819 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 12
15.819 Aufrufe

its not a HDD password

it shows the message regardless if there is a hard drive in it or not

its ok, if the answer is that i cant get in and thats the end of it then ill throw it away, it would have just been nice to reserect it for my mother to use

seems like a  waste really

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 6 von 12
15.810 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 12
15.810 Aufrufe

Why then don't you ask your friend for the original receit ? Most people keep it in case of a defect covered by warranty?

The MD 98844 is quite new, it was sold somewhere around Sept. 2015, just two years old.

MaTroy
New Voice
Nachricht 7 von 12
15.804 Aufrufe
Nachricht 7 von 12
15.804 Aufrufe

My friend doesn't have the original recept. He bought a replacement laptop and chucked all the old stuff.
I doubt I have any warranty anyway as iv pulled it apart.

So if your unable to help me with the problem I'll just leave it at that
daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 8 von 12
15.787 Aufrufe
Nachricht 8 von 12
15.787 Aufrufe

@MaTroy

You should not have kept or got the receit for guarantee-reasons, but for proof of ownership!

And why should your friend discard a just two year old laptop, just for a harddisk failure, which is easy and cheap to repair?

Your arguments are getting more and more dubious.

daddle

MaTroy
New Voice
Nachricht 9 von 12
15.779 Aufrufe
Nachricht 9 von 12
15.779 Aufrufe

This is rediculous

its really simple, I OWN this laptop, my friend who BOUGHT this laptop sha for whatever reason decided that its a pile of crap and the HDD failing was the last straw. Which is fine. and as I DONT spend my days BURGALING or ROBBING people I figured a HELP forum about this laptop might actually help me! 

AND when I try and politly say its ok dont worry about it you carry on calling me a lier and a theif, which by the way you are clearly doing!

so, one last time, you are clearly unable to help me, so insteado fo using what I thought was the conveniance of the internet ill say thank you for your waist of time and I will try and spend an hour on the phone paying however much they want to charge me for being on hold and call them up.

Sorry for thinking that the internet was a helpful and conveniant resource for information.

P.S. when I get to work today and some little old lady come in with a puncture in her bike I wont saaume she stole it just because she dosent know how to change a tyre!

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 10 von 12
15.773 Aufrufe
Nachricht 10 von 12
15.773 Aufrufe

What a nuisance you write.

Edit: You want help to crack a password, which no user with brains 

will give. Because it would crack one basic safety option against "unlicensed" ownership,

of which you can not give proof. Thats all.

daddle

11 ANTWORTEN 11