cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medion Akoye E6424 power switch problem ?

4 REPLIES 4
Flem
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Medion Akoye E6424 power switch problem ?

Ever since I bought this labtop, I have had problems with the power switch. It got blocked at times, BUT it was enough to remove it from the power and remove the battery. Subsequently everything worked normally. This was at least the solution since purchase and until lately. Then one  day while working on the labtop it made a sound as if the battery was empty, although the labtop was hard wired.

I suspect, that the power switch could be broken.

When I hard wired the laptop and tried to turn it on, the the power switch did not light up as usual. This did not happen as usual independent of whether  the battery was inserted or not.

I have dismatled the labtop. 19V does get into the PC and at the level of the power switch board I can at times measure app. 3V. This depends on if I have applied the power button or not, but I am not quit sure what I am doing while measuring. On this board, I see printed BTC-202 B 94V-0 E220370. 

How do I check, if the board is working properly ? 

Could it be something else ?

4 REPLIES 4
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Flem and welcome to the forum.

Could you please provide the MSN number of your product?

It is an 8-digits number printed in the label underneath it.

Also, have you tried using a different charger?

Regards,

Gehringer

Flem
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi Gehringer,

The MSN no is: 30020438.

I tried with the charger from an Akoya E60750 and the result were the same.

Infact I am now writing from this Akoya E7424 with the charger of the E6424.

Therefore, i believe, that the E6424 charger is working correctly.

Regards and thank you,

Flem

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Flem ,

if you have tested the E6424 charger in another computer and it works then we can discard a faulty charger.

You can try at least two different things in order to gather more evidence on whether or not your NB has a HW fault.

First, you can try a static discharge as shown in this topic

Then, if it does not solve the problem, you can try a factory settings reset. You can find instructions on how to perform it on your user manual 

Just be aware that you should back your data up before going on with this.

If nothing works then I suspect it may be a faulty hardware and then you can call Medion technical support to have your NB repaired.

Please let us know if any of these solutions solved your problem.

Regards,

Gehringer 

Flem
New Voice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thank you Gehringer.

I finally got a moment to reassemble the laptop and try what was suggested. The labtop, however, remains dead.

Given the history of the power button on this laptop, it would be handy, if someone could tell, how I can test if the power switch board is working correctly.

4 REPLIES 4