eraifmik
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 2
739 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 2
739 Aufrufe

Medion Akoya s15449 - Bildschirmproblem

Hello ..

I currently own ( MEDION AKOYA S15449 (MD 63955) MSN: 30032181 )

It's a very new device (But there is a big problem with the screen) When starting up and the appearance of the Medion logo on the screen, I noticed the appearance of a shadow, but a glowing yellow-white color, centered at the edges of the screen in all four directions, and also appears only on black backgrounds.

I noticed this from the first moment I bought the device

I love black color and black backgrounds.. this is very annoying

What is this, is this normal?

can tell if the described phenomenon is normal or not. !!

Is there anyone here who has the same situation?

Thanks you,,

What is this, is this normal?What is this, is this normal?

Tags (1)
1 ANTWORT 1
madders
Apprentice
Nachricht 2 von 2
713 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 2
713 Aufrufe

Hello @eraifmik ,

looks like typical backlight bleeding for me. In IPS, VA and TN panels the backlight is always lightening. The liquid crystals stop the light, or let it pass, according to their orientation. To stop it they have to be aligned very straight. If you tip with your finger on the surface of a display (the soft kind of display, without digitizer) you can often see some light effects because the liquid crystals get some pressure and the alignment suffers temporary.

IPS-panels tend to have some visible backlight bleeding. Wether it's a problem, or even a defect, depends on the extent of it. And how much you are annoyed of it 🙂 . Even different panels of the same model series can differ noticeable.

If you can still send the notebook back, you should consider this, given your dismay. Another specimen of the same notebook may, or may not, be better in this regard. I don't know wether the Akoya s15449 is known for much backlight bleeding.

Greetings

madders

1 ANTWORT 1