16 RÉPONSES 16
Kieran
Trainee
Message 1 sur 17
20 347 Visites
Message 1 sur 17
20 347 Visites

Medion Akoya S2218 factory reset?

Since an attempted windows update the the pc is inaccessible and goes to a blue screen language selection and then into the troubleshoot options. There isnt a factory reset option available with the available options (none of the other option will repair it) how can I reset this?

I've tried using a windows 10 usb install and it wont boot from it despite me sestting it as first boot option.

16 RÉPONSES 16
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 sur 17
17 852 Visites
Message 2 sur 17
17 852 Visites

@Kieran

A reset isn't possible due to lack of space on the 64 GB eMMC (SSD).

With the Microsoft Media Creation Tool created USB-Stick (8 GB) you definitely can boot. First put the USB-stick into the port, and only than press the power-button to start up.

To be sure you can tab the F10-Key during start up (some Notebooks need the F8-Key) and the bootmanager will appear, to select your bootmedium.

regards, daddle

Kieran
Trainee
Message 3 sur 17
17 848 Visites
Message 3 sur 17
17 848 Visites

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have tried F10 and F8 but neither let me boot from the USB. (I set the usb in the bios as the first boot device)

Any other sugestions?

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 sur 17
17 845 Visites
Message 4 sur 17
17 845 Visites

@Kieran

Then you did something wrong with the setup of your USB stick. Make a new one with the Media Creation Tool;  just before try first another USB-port.

daddle

Kieran
Trainee
Message 5 sur 17
17 837 Visites
Message 5 sur 17
17 837 Visites

I have made a working setup with the Media Creation Tool and tested it on another PC

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 sur 17
17 834 Visites
Message 6 sur 17
17 834 Visites

@Kieran

How do you say, did you make a new stick before you tried or just now afterwards. You could be a bit more explicit, like I do too. Or just go ahead on your own!

Then it should boot on the S2218 as well. Did you choose a 64- or 32-bit Version?

First put the stick in an USB port before you start the notebook. Then start the Notebook and immediuately after tab the F10 button  (or in a second try the F8-button) consequently. the Bootmanager will show up. Then select the USB-stick.

daddle

Kieran
Trainee
Message 7 sur 17
17 785 Visites
Message 7 sur 17
17 785 Visites

Medion_S2118 (Small).jpgthe F12 key brings up the boot manager (see image) but despite selecting USB HD Generic Disk it still wont boot from the USB stick. The stick was created as you sugested and works fine on other PC's. Ive reset the BIOS but it still  just loads the 'Choose your keyboard layout'  and then 'Advanced options' none of which solve the problem 

daddle
Superuser
Message 8 sur 17
17 782 Visites
Message 8 sur 17
17 782 Visites

@Kieran

Does your Stick works fine with UEFI-PCs or on a bios PC? I couldn't see your picture until now. OK it shows your USB-HDD  Disk. But this does not mean it is Secure Boot signed and fit for  UEFI-booting.

So your stick isn't UEFI compatible. Then make a new usb- bootstick (min. 8 GB) with the Media Creation Tool. This definitely will boot with your uefi-machine.

daddle

Kieran
Trainee
Message 9 sur 17
17 731 Visites
Message 9 sur 17
17 731 Visites

This is what worked:

I made a new Media Creation Tool and this time I selected both 64 bit and 32 bit.

I pressed F12 and selected USB setup

I selected 32bit and formatted the selected drive.

I also downloaded the drivers from here:

https://www.medion.com/gb/service/start/_search.php?groupID=1&groupName=Laptop

daddle
Superuser
Message 10 sur 17
17 724 Visites
Message 10 sur 17
17 724 Visites

@Kieran  schrieb:

This is what worked:

I made a new Media Creation Tool and this time I selected both 64 bit and 32 bit. 

@Kieran

Like I told you, the same  that i gave you a hint to make your choice between 32- or 64 bit

Windows.

The rest is normal setup-routine.
So definitely your first USB-stick was somehow faulty. Maybe you had a setup for 64-bit Windows before.

16 RÉPONSES 16