annuler
Affichage des résultats de 
Rechercher plutôt 
Vouliez-vous dire : 

Medion Akoya E3213T unable to boot from USB: black screen with white underscore in upper left corner

1 RÉPONSE 1
SamHaLeKe
Newcomer
Message 1 sur 2
6 335 Visites
Message 1 sur 2
6 335 Visites

Medion Akoya E3213T unable to boot from USB: black screen with white underscore in upper left corner

Hi

I've completely removed the stock OS on my new laptop and successfully reinstalled it with the latest Win10 Updated MSDN ISO (erased all partitions, Win10 setup automatically recreated all necessary partitions,…). For that I've created a bootable USB flash drive using Rufus with NTFS file system and GPT partition scheme and that booted/installed perfectly fine.

Now I want to make a Windows/Linux Dual-Boot system and tried to boot from a linux live USB but that failed everytime. I've tried all latest Ubuntu deriviate distro's, 64- en 32-Bit, ... but always the same negative result, a black screen with a white (non-blinking) underscore.

In UEFI I can perfectly set the boot priority to the preferred USB (it’s nicely detected as UEFI boot USB) but when it tries to boot from that it always gives me a black screen with a white (non-blinking) underscore. I've tried secure boot enabled/disabled,... but always the same negative result.

I use a 2GB USB flash drive, formatted with latest Rufus in FAT32 file system en GPT partition scheme. I've tried all possible file system/partition schemes combinations, different USB flash drives,... but always the same negative result.

I also tested the USB's on my other (UEFI) laptop and they all booted perfectly fine. The linux GRUB isn't loading at all on my new laptop and it seems like UEFI doesn't detect the USB UEFI partition scheme at boot (disabled by vendor? system to new for Ubuntu? perhaps some graphics issues?). It always gives me a black screen with a white (non-blinking) underscore 😕

I searched like crazy for solutions on google and the manufacturer website with no results. Is there someone that can throw a light on this matter please? I really would like to use linux/ubuntu on my new laptop (Medion Akoya E3213T)

Many thanks in advance

1 RÉPONSE 1
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 sur 2
6 306 Visites
Message 2 sur 2
6 306 Visites

@SamHaLeKe

No idea so far, except do you have in UEFi the option to activate CompatibilitySupportMode (CSM), may also be named Win 7/Others or Legacy mode?

The CSM button might be gray, and only get electable after secure mode is set to acxtive; or vice versa.

What happens if you try to boot again from your installable Win 10 bootable USB flash drive now? Is that stick still booting properly now?

regards, daddle

1 RÉPONSE 1