Medion AKOYA E2228T not booting without battery

SOLVED
1 REPLY 1
rainbowis
Newcomer
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Medion AKOYA E2228T not booting without battery

I have removed a battery from the laptop Medion  AKOYA E2228T, when I power on the laptop(plugged in), nothing happens, the indicator next to the plug in thing lights up red, how can I use the laptop without a battery?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

@rainbowis 

Hi, Your E2228T is a tabletlike PC with an Atom processor in a  SoC.  Only a keyboard is attached, to make it a convertible notebook.

With Tablets built in similar architecture the Mainboards current supply runs through the battery in contradiction to conventional notebooks.

I guess, thats why your mainboard or PC  isn't functional if the battery is taken out. There is no energy input to the mainboard.

Cheers, daddle

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

@rainbowis 

Hi, Your E2228T is a tabletlike PC with an Atom processor in a  SoC.  Only a keyboard is attached, to make it a convertible notebook.

With Tablets built in similar architecture the Mainboards current supply runs through the battery in contradiction to conventional notebooks.

I guess, thats why your mainboard or PC  isn't functional if the battery is taken out. There is no energy input to the mainboard.

Cheers, daddle

1 REPLY 1