Medion 14" Notebook E14301x series Micro SD enquiry

SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
Ayeup
New Voice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Medion 14" Notebook E14301x series Micro SD enquiry

Hi Guys as you can see I'm new here, not new to Medion though I'm still running a 12 year old AKOYA P7300 D I purchase from Aldi. I remember being the first in the queue at 6.30am to bag it as kit like that was always limited to around six per store in those days. I was out of the car park at 8.05am but Parking Eye insisted on fining me for staying over the one and a half hour parking limit. Now in those days Aldi did not share telephone and email info with their customers, but I managed to find one and lets just say I never heard from Parking Eye ever again.

Oh dear I'm digressing again, I tend to do that. Anyway back on topic I've just bought an Aldi Medion Notebook and although the 256GB SSD storage is ample for my needs, my inquisitive nature has me asking the question: Is there a capacity limitation to the size of microSD said Notebook will run?

Cheers for any replies to my query.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Luke
Community Manager
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hello @Ayeup,

Welcome & thank you for sharing your memories. I also remember the "Good old Aldi times"... 😉

However, there is no simple answer to your question.

All SD cards (short for Secure Digital), regardless of their size, use one or two small NAND flash memory

chips -- similar to those found in USB memory sticks and SSDs -- and a tiny processor to manage the

flow of data and instructions. This means that it depends on the SD Card & it`s controller. There are

several classes:

• SD or SDSC (Secure Digital Standard Capacity): maximum storage of 2 GB
  • SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity): More than 2 to 32 GB of storage
  • SDXC (Secure Digital Extended Capacity): More than 32 GB to 2 TB of storage
  • SDUC (Secure Digital Ultra Capacity): More than 2 to 128 TB of storage

I would therefore suggest to try a SDXC Card with 256 GB or 512 GB. These Cards

are quite affordable these days, and in case you order it online there shouldn`t

be any risk. In case it doesn`t work just return it.

Hope this helps....   Greetings,

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.

View solution in original post

Ayeup
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi Luke, thanks for your wecome and the info regards memory cards.

As I type a couple of SanDisk Ultra Trek 3.0 64GB  rubberised Flash Drives  dropped though the letterbox. I like ScanDisk kit and those ones come with a 5 year warranty. Most Flash Drives these days dont come with a cover over the connectors or have retractable ones. But being an ex sparks I'm old school regards keeping connections clean. 

I  bought the aformentioned Flash Drives from Picstop @ 8.99 each. If anybody is in the market for Micro SDXC memory they are doing ScanDisk Ultra 128GB Micro SDXC 1 cards @ £9.99 each (all purchases come with free delivery)

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Luke
Community Manager
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hello @Ayeup,

Welcome & thank you for sharing your memories. I also remember the "Good old Aldi times"... 😉

However, there is no simple answer to your question.

All SD cards (short for Secure Digital), regardless of their size, use one or two small NAND flash memory

chips -- similar to those found in USB memory sticks and SSDs -- and a tiny processor to manage the

flow of data and instructions. This means that it depends on the SD Card & it`s controller. There are

several classes:

• SD or SDSC (Secure Digital Standard Capacity): maximum storage of 2 GB
  • SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity): More than 2 to 32 GB of storage
  • SDXC (Secure Digital Extended Capacity): More than 32 GB to 2 TB of storage
  • SDUC (Secure Digital Ultra Capacity): More than 2 to 128 TB of storage

I would therefore suggest to try a SDXC Card with 256 GB or 512 GB. These Cards

are quite affordable these days, and in case you order it online there shouldn`t

be any risk. In case it doesn`t work just return it.

Hope this helps....   Greetings,

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Ayeup
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi Luke, thanks for your wecome and the info regards memory cards.

As I type a couple of SanDisk Ultra Trek 3.0 64GB  rubberised Flash Drives  dropped though the letterbox. I like ScanDisk kit and those ones come with a 5 year warranty. Most Flash Drives these days dont come with a cover over the connectors or have retractable ones. But being an ex sparks I'm old school regards keeping connections clean. 

I  bought the aformentioned Flash Drives from Picstop @ 8.99 each. If anybody is in the market for Micro SDXC memory they are doing ScanDisk Ultra 128GB Micro SDXC 1 cards @ £9.99 each (all purchases come with free delivery)

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2