9 ANTWORTEN 9
balanadi
Trainee
Nachricht 1 von 10
1.978 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 10
1.978 Aufrufe

MEDION AKOYA E6246 (MD63200) Laptop is dead after BIOS-System Firmware update

Yesterday i bought this new laptop and i did windows update and after the windows update the firmware of the bios , the laptop is dead ... only the light led for the power is on and the fan is not working and there is a black screen.

I need the bios firmware for this and a way to boot it from the usb stick in order to use the laptop again.

MEDION AKOYA E6246 (MD63200)

MSN=30025987

Tags (1)
9 ANTWORTEN 9
Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 10
1.966 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 10
1.966 Aufrufe

Hello @balanadi and welcome

New ? where did you buy this new laptop?

I am bewildered!

The MEDION AKOYA E6246 (MD63200) with the MSN 30025987

was sold at Hofer (AT) in January 2019 and still has a guarantee there (36 months).

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
balanadi
Trainee
Nachricht 3 von 10
1.958 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 10
1.958 Aufrufe

I bought the laptop as a new one in a amanet store in Viena on 29 th of october 2021. The laptop was not used at all . I managed to put the ssd in another laptop and i found Bios.2.05 .FD file and i need to know how i can write the bios from an usb flash drive . Any advice will be helpfull.

Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 4 von 10
1.948 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 10
1.948 Aufrufe

Hi @balanadi 

only find the driver package.

http://www1.medion.de/downloads/index.pl?op=detail&id=18938&type=treiber&lang=uk

do you still come to the bios (F2)?

did you press the reset button on the underside for 1-3 seconds?

Is your battery ok? long stay at the amanet = pawn shop! (otherwise you won't get windows installed later)

You have to ask if the battery is still available in the shop.

https://www.medion.com/medionserviceshop/search?sbf=true&sfs=0&msn=30025987&catchword=

Bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
balanadi
Trainee
Nachricht 5 von 10
1.944 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 10
1.944 Aufrufe

I can not enter the bios , because there is a black screen . Only the power button light is on , no fun working ..no keyboard . The battery was 98% and it was charging . 

Where is this reset buton on the side ? 

There is a way to write the bios from the usb flash drive ? And what steps i should use for that ?

Thanks in advance!!!

Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 6 von 10
1.936 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 10
1.936 Aufrufe

Hi @balanadi 

reset button, look here page 22

http://bda.medion.com/bda_s6446_S6445_p6646_p6645_e6246_e6245_en.pdf

bye Fishtown

balanadi
Trainee
Nachricht 7 von 10
1.932 Aufrufe
Nachricht 7 von 10
1.932 Aufrufe

I try that reset button and still not working . It is a way to force write the bios from an external usb ? Any key combination to force reset the bios to fabric conditions? Cause so far it looks like the only solution is to send it to service for writing the bios in order to make it work again ...

balanadi
Trainee
Nachricht 8 von 10
1.916 Aufrufe
Nachricht 8 von 10
1.916 Aufrufe

Any advice how to bring back the laptop to life? 

I try every key combination (Ctrl + windows key.... windows key + B key ... Windows key + R key ...) but none of the combination works in order to force the bios to recover or to update from the usb flash drive .

If anyone can help it will be really apreciated .

Or if there is a service in Viena where i can bring the laptop to re write the bios ? 

Thanks in advance 

Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 9 von 10
1.905 Aufrufe
Nachricht 9 von 10
1.905 Aufrufe

Hi @balanadi 

unfortunately nobody has another solution, contact the service in Austria:

https://www.medion.com/at/service/contact

bye Fishtown

balanadi
Trainee
Nachricht 10 von 10
1.830 Aufrufe
Nachricht 10 von 10
1.830 Aufrufe

Yesterday i manage to contact the service provider for medion in Romania , as i was advice from the international service https://www.medion.com/gb/service/international?int_country=ro  Depanero SRL , and they refuse to receive my laptop for service because they said that when they enter the serial number of my laptop , they could not enter it on the medion servers and they do not want to repair the bios under the  international guarantee and even i ask them to do it loosing the guarantee they still refuse to even have a look of my laptop. I am back home in Romania and i can not send it to repair in Austria or Germany because the transport will cost more than the price of the laptop .

This is unacceptable from a service provider which is provided by the Medion support , and i contacted already the authority in order to ask for a full refoud  for any extra cost for fixing the bios of this laptop , because i need to find another service for writing the bios which they will do it without taking in consideration the guarantee of the product .

I am very dissapointed for the fact that it is very difficult to find a service for this type of product and the support by any type ( phone or email ) it is very hard to find it.

Thank you in advance for your help , but so far i bought a 499 euro laptop which is a piece of plastic without any use .

9 ANTWORTEN 9