SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
MattA1
Beginner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Laptop has difficulty connecting to internet

Hi,

Most times when I turn my laptop on it doesn't recognise or can't connect to my internet - I get a message saying that WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration. I can get round this problem by releasing and then renewing the IP configuration, but I have to do this each time I want to use the internet.

Is there a more permanent solution?

Thanks so much for any help!

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @MattA1 ,

I would advise you to update your Windows and network adapter drivers to the latest version.

Then, I would advise you to switch off your notebook, switch off your internet router for about 5 minutes and then switch the router back on so it will update automatically.

Once the router finishes updating (around 10/15 mins), switch your notebook back  on.

Regards,

Gehringer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @MattA1 ,

I would advise you to update your Windows and network adapter drivers to the latest version.

Then, I would advise you to switch off your notebook, switch off your internet router for about 5 minutes and then switch the router back on so it will update automatically.

Once the router finishes updating (around 10/15 mins), switch your notebook back  on.

Regards,

Gehringer

MattA1
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thanks very much - this worked 😀

2 REPLIES 2