Eiburu
New Voice
Message 1 sur 5
2 921 Visites
Message 1 sur 5
2 921 Visites

Laptop charger icon flicker when i play games

Hi!

The laptop I am using is a Medion Akoya P7628 (MD 99280). When i play a game the battery icon "flickering" charging/not charging. The strangest part is this: it begins charging fine normally when it is under zero load (idling) but as soon as I scroll a webpage or launch a game, it flickers. also even when the charger is plugged in the battery discharges slowly over time.

The charger im using is the original charger ( FSP090-DVCA1     19V===4.74A    90W ).

Many thanks in advance

4 RÉPONSES 4
DarkKnight
Contributor
Message 2 sur 5
2 897 Visites
Message 2 sur 5
2 897 Visites

Hi @Eiburu

I am sorry to hear that you are having power issues with your battery. This could be down to several things;

1) Installing all the latest driver updates from Microsoft (Windows update) and Medion (https://www.medion.com/gb/service/download/driver.php)

2) There could be a problem with the Power Supply

3) There could be an issue with the charging circuitry on the motherboard

4) Your battery could be faulty and discharging prematurely.

You can check you self for the first point but if that does not help the situation the I would advise calling Medion Support to see if an engineer needs to inspect your hardware for possible repair. You can call them on 0333 32103106 for a free assessment.

Hope this helps and if you need further assistance then do not hesitate to reply back.

@DarkKnight

Eiburu
New Voice
Message 3 sur 5
2 876 Visites
Message 3 sur 5
2 876 Visites

It says in the drivers list windows 8 but i have windows 10  2222.PNG

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 sur 5
2 868 Visites
Message 4 sur 5
2 868 Visites

@Eiburu

A Win8 driver adapted to your hardware and functioning will also function in Win 10.

The problem might be to stop Win 10 from updating this especially for your hardware designed driver. But there is a way to prevent Windows from updating single drivers. But I am just on a holidax amd can't check in my home-computer howto.

Regards, daddle

EDIT:

The nsme for the program to prevent single driver update is: wushowhide.diagcab

Find it in Google

Eiburu
New Voice
Message 5 sur 5
2 850 Visites
Message 5 sur 5
2 850 Visites

Sorry for adding this late but i found out that the flicker stops when i change the power plane in Windows 10 the "power saver" one.
4 RÉPONSES 4