Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

I need a bios update for an akoya S4216

Detais are:

Model S4216

MSN 30014769

BIOS Version 505

Problem Main battery not charging windows 10

Battery has been replaced and replacement will not charge either, Power pack has been checked and is fine, and no error messages are evident.

5 REPLIES 5
BartonR
Beginner
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

I can provide you with some general advice that may help you troubleshoot the issue with your Akoya S4216.

Check the power adapter: Make sure that the power adapter is working properly and providing the correct voltage and amperage. You can test the power adapter with a multimeter or try using a different adapter to see if it resolves the issue.

Reset the BIOS settings: You can try resetting the BIOS settings to their default values to see if it resolves the issue. To do this, restart the computer and press the key indicated on the screen to enter the BIOS setup utility. Then, look for an option to reset the BIOS settings to default or load default settings.

Update the BIOS: If resetting the BIOS settings doesn't work, you may need to update the BIOS to the latest version. To do this, visit the manufacturer's website and search for the latest BIOS update for your specific model. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully when updating the BIOS.

Check for driver updates: Make sure that all of the drivers for your system are up to date, including the battery and power management drivers. You can check for driver updates through the manufacturer's website or through Windows Update.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to take your computer to a professional for further diagnosis and repair.

BartonR
Beginner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

@BartonR wrote:

I can provide you with some general advice that may help you troubleshoot the issue with your Akoya S4216.

Check the power adapter: Make sure that the power adapter is working properly and providing the correct voltage and amperage. You can test the power adapter with a multimeter or try using a different adapter to see if it resolves the issue.

Reset the BIOS settings: You can try resetting the BIOS settings to their default values to see if it resolves the issue. To do this, restart the computer and press the key indicated on the screen to enter the BIOS setup utility. Then, look for an option to reset the BIOS settings to default or load default settings.

Update the BIOS: If resetting the BIOS settings doesn't work, you may need to update the BIOS to the latest version. To do this, visit the manufacturer's website and search for the latest BIOS update for your specific model. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully when updating the BIOS.

Check for driver updates: Make sure that all of the drivers for your system are up to date, including the battery and power management drivers. You can check for driver updates through the manufacturer's website or through Windows Update. Pay by Plate Ma

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to take your computer to a professional for further diagnosis and repair.

Hello, I hope my suggestion is work for you..

Best Regard,
BartonR

Vincem50
Beginner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I am a long time computer professional, and all of the above is second nature to me, and has been tried, the only possible solution is an updated Bios, and version 507 is the latest, but no one seems to be able to provide it.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hello @Vincem50 
the 507 is the last version, however originally win 8 was the original operating system now you have win 10 that could be a problem.
moderator @Major_ToM  may be able to help.

but it could also be the replacement battery. The notebook is from 2012. I imagine it would be difficult to get a new replacement battery that is really new.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Thanks @Fishtown ,

@Vincem50  pls check your private messages, where we provided some information about the appropriate Bios Update of the MEDION AKOYA S4216 laptop.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
5 REPLIES 5