Did you mean: 

Forgot BIOS password - have proof of ownership

3 REPLIES 3
jasperan
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Forgot BIOS password - have proof of ownership

Hello, I wanted to install a Linux distribution, and the BIOS settings asked me to downgrade my security settings to install this operating system via a USB. I put a password on the BIOS, and I must have typo'd it, because now it says "incorrect password" every time. Now I can't access the BIOS nor install an Operating System without entering the BIOS with a correct password.

I need a BIOS password reset or something.

My Model: Medion Erazer P6689

I am willing to give proof of ownership, as I purchased the computer via Amazon two days ago and have the receipt.

3 REPLIES 3
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @jasperan,

To my knowledge there is no way to simply reset a BIOS password, worst case scenario you might even have to replace the mainboard :(. 

Maybe you can try different variations of the password to try and reproduce the typo? Otherwise I think your best bet will be to contact Medion support directly. 

Kind regards,
Bart
jasperan
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I tried everything, I also contacted Medion Support directly, however I was hoping for a quicker response from one of the staff here on the forum.

Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @jasperan

That's not really what the Community is for, this is meant for users to help eachother, not a support channel. 

Kind regards,
Bart
3 REPLIES 3