Nat
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 6
4.081 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 6
4.081 Aufrufe

Extremely low battery time for MD 60450

Hi

I have a MD 60459 MSN 30022687 from 03/17. Until recently I only used it stationary and connected to power. Now my habits have changed and I regularly have to use it mobile and on battery. But the battery only lasts for one hour, which is really disturbing. Is this normal or is the battery defect? Can I replace the battery with a stronger model?

Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Nachricht 5 von 6
4.061 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 6
4.061 Aufrufe

HI @Nat 

@Fishtown is correct, the battery life on this Medion is on the short side when new , it does gets worse over time.

There are some tutorial on what works to extend battery life, I like the ones from Linus tech tips , there are many others.

You can buy a spare battery fron the medion service shop

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 ANTWORTEN 5
Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 6
4.079 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 6
4.079 Aufrufe

Hi @Nat and welcome,

sorry, you need a new one.  You can not regenerate the old battery.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Nat
New Voice
Nachricht 3 von 6
4.075 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 6
4.075 Aufrufe

That means 1 hour is not normal and the battery is defect? 

Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 4 von 6
4.073 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 6
4.073 Aufrufe

Hi @Nat 

NB E6432 MEDION MD60450 RW A-DK

is not normal, see that german report: https://www.computerbild.de/artikel/cb-Tests-Notebooks-Netbooks-Medion-Akoya-E6432-Aldi-Notebook-Tes...

from the report:

Battery life can be improved

Too bad: processor and display suckle vigorously on the battery. In the test, the lights of the Medion went off after working for two hours and 30 minutes, the video playback was over after two hours and 56 minutes. These are not outstanding values. After all, the battery was already full after two hours and ten minutes

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Nachricht 5 von 6
4.062 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 6
4.062 Aufrufe

HI @Nat 

@Fishtown is correct, the battery life on this Medion is on the short side when new , it does gets worse over time.

There are some tutorial on what works to extend battery life, I like the ones from Linus tech tips , there are many others.

You can buy a spare battery fron the medion service shop

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

Nat
New Voice
Nachricht 6 von 6
4.034 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 6
4.034 Aufrufe

@TPFLegionaire and @Fishtown 

You have both been very helpful. I followed some of the Linus tips and by reducing screen brightness and omitting my cordless mouse I was able to increase battery time to 2hrs 45 min (surfing, streaming, email and Office use only) . It's still not impressive, but a great improvement. As it corresponds with the test results mentioned in the article fishtown linked to, I won't get any better result with a new battery. 

Guess I'll have to live with it and prioritize battery time next time I need a new notebook.

Thanks again

Nat

5 ANTWORTEN 5