Did you mean: 

E7214 wont turn off with Sleep/Hibernate

1 REPLY 1
Rincewind
Trainee
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

E7214 wont turn off with Sleep/Hibernate

New install of W7 all works fine but . . .
When I Shutdown->Sleep nothing seems to happen & I have to power off to  stop the fan whirring.  Switch on is a normal windows start up
When I Shutdown->Hibernate nothing much happens (no disc activity light)  and I have to power off to stop the fan whirring. Switch on says Resuming.

So at least Hibernate works turning off the computer does not work
Ive checked the power options (including advanced) and I can find nothing that is preventing turning off (Hybrid sleep is allowed)

Powercfg -A says Standby (S3) Hybrid sleep is allowed. S1 and S2 are not allowed.

Ive checked the Device Manager settings for everything that has a power management tab
HID compliant mouse (A USB mouse) has a greyed out unticked Power Management setting "allow the computer to turn off this device" but hibernate does nto turn off even if I remove this mouse
The 2 Network devices have "allow the computer to turn off this device" ticked as do the Generic USB Hubs anbd the USB Root Hubs.

So what is preventing this computer from turning off?

1 REPLY 1
Rincewind
Trainee
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Update:

I have also noticed that:-

- Start->Shutdown does not turn the laptop off. It appears to do all the shut down functions (screen goes black etc etc) but not turn off the laptop

- This is really weird because Start->Restart does the same thing except that 35 or so secs after the screen going black the laptop shuts down and then restarts.

So why does restart shut down and restart but shut down (and hibernate) will not shutdown?

1 REPLY 1