Did you mean: 

E6239 MD98844 not booting into bios

3 REPLIES 3
Kezzasnaps
New Voice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

E6239 MD98844 not booting into bios

So I haven't used the notebook in a few months and switch it on to check and update it. Upon pressing power button, it just flashes up with 'checking media presence' 'no media present'.

I've tried every button to boot into the bios menu with no luck, tried checking the HD and all connections all seems okay. Help please!!

3 REPLIES 3
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@Kezzasnaps 

Usually is booting into the UEFI-Bios triggered by pressing and holding the F2 key during start up, beginning before you press the power-Button. Sometime it helps to repeatedly tap the F2 key. 

The other thing you could try ist to discharge the notebook completely by removing the Power-Unit from the wall-outlet and removing the battery, than pressing the on-button for about 15 sec, to discharge the capacitors on the mainboard. 

After that reseat the battery-pack and the connection wih the wall outlet, and start the notebook again.

At least, even if the harddisk (or SSD) is defect, at least you should then be able to boot into the UEFI.

Last try would be to open the case, and disconnect the cmos-battery for ann hour or so.

Whenever you can entry the Bios again, first thing to do is  reset the UEFI to its defaults.

After that you can check the harddisk, if it is faulty.

You also could prepare a 8 GB USB-stick with the MediaCreationTool with a Win 10 setup, and try to start your NB with it; and go to repairoptions, which appear in the lower left corner after Boot..

To force the NB to boot from this USB-Stick, you could trigger the Bios-Bootmanager by tapping the F10 during the startprocedure (on some NBs the F8 key); in this your USB Stick should be listed and selectable to force booting from it.

Regards, daddle

Kezzasnaps
New Voice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I tried all that, and still get the same message 😔

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@Kezzasnaps 

Nope, then you did something wrong. The same message is "checking media presence" ?

This means, the Bios does not find any bootable media, so your USB Stick, you said you " followed my hints all" and di the setup setup with the "MediaCreationTool", is not bootable either. So I can't help any further, sorry.

daddle

3 REPLIES 3