cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E10 Out of Box - Stuck in transport mode?

14 REPLIES 14
Kevin0481
New Voice
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

E10 Out of Box - Stuck in transport mode?

Help... before I throw it out the window!

Got the E10 yesterday, brand new out the box , followed the process power cable in then approx 8 seconds then switch on. No matter what I try the battery will not start to charge and I presume its stuck on transport mode but I cant find anyway to get it working now. 

Only powers on with mains cable , battery not charging... any ideas before I either throw it off out the window or return it (which I really don't want to do) 

14 REPLIES 14
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Hello @Kevin0481,

once the notebook has been started, the transport lock is lifted.

If you disconnect the charging cable and the computer immediately goes off, I would assume that the battery is empty or defective.

What does the battery indicator in Windows (bottom right in the systray) say? It's not very accurate, but does it at least say " Power supply, battery is charging"?

What you should also do is the so-called residual current discharge.

If you enter the Bios with the mains cable connected (keep the F2 key pressed during start-up), disconnect the mains cable and wait until the notebook switches off.

Then press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.

Then reconnect the charger cable, allow it to charge for 20 minutes, and only then start up again, and do not disconnect the cable until the battery indicator shows 100%.

However, you may not be able to access the Bios at first if Windows is installing updates in the background.

Therefore, observe and work without an Internet connection (flight mode) for the time being and check whether the battery is fully charged or whether there is a defect (battery or charging unit).

The setting for the shipping mode could be in the bios. In this case, it might help to load the Setup or Optimised Defaults in the Bios to be sure.

Greetings,

EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Kevin0481
New Voice
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Hi thanks for coming back to help me @EastClintwood  

What does the battery indicator in Windows (bottom right in the systray) say? It's not very accurate, but does it at least say " Power supply, battery is charging"?

The batter icon is just empty , I've run the diagnostic tool and batter has cleared but it'd indicating a problem with charger and to check.

I've let it run though all updates after 2 hrs the battery icon they changed to X.

However on next reboot it went back to icon being empty - no charge being received - effectively it looks like the battery is not being used hence why I thought shipping mode was issue. This is actually the 2nd one as first one had same issue but I got a replacement sent out , both brand new with same issue so assuming I am not doing something correct 

I've accessed the bios and only option was to turn on shipping more which I cant do as there is no charge in batter - its all totally bizzare really 

Kevin0481
New Voice
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

ill try the residual charge option now too

EastClintwood
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Hi @Kevin0481,

thanks for the feedback please let us know if the problem could be solved by this.

Greetings,

EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Kevin0481
New Voice
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Residual charge option did not work , entered the bios and shipping more is clearly off so that cannot be the issue. Battery clears the diagnostics,  windows and medion app but does say check charger - no charge going in atol and only working on mains lead 

Battery symbol just shows as empty with power chord next to it in sys menu. Other side of batter symbol 0%.

That will be two of these laptops with same issue from opening box - genuinely stumped now. 

Any other thoughts before I package up and return the second one? 😭 I think I'll move on from it if I do , I cant cope with another one having same issue 😳

EastClintwood
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Hello @Kevin0481,

It is really strange that the same error occurs in 2 notebooks.
At least we know from the BIOS that the transport mode is no longer activated.
It is probably a hardware defect either in the power supply or the battery.

Greetings,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

Kevin0481
New Voice
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Thank you for your help with this , alas its packaged up and heading back to retailer again. Ultimately if its something simple of a small defect its not really good for 2 new notebooks to be thise way so I shall think again..

Kevin

heggo
Trainee
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Hi, nightmare, my E10 arrived yesterday from Amazon & has the identical problem, battery showing 0%, battery led indicator is on but battery isn't charging at all, I'll also try the above suggestions & report back, Amazon support sent me a few YouTube videos to watch 🤣,

Kevin0481
New Voice
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

@heggo mines are both from amazon this week, when I called them yesterday they said they were taking it off sale! 

If you have one and I have to me thinks we have a faulty batch on the go - I suspect its the chargers but I'm not going out and buying a new charger of a brand new laptop. Both are heading back on Monday now and I'm gutted as I can't have another one to try - fair really but it means I need to look for another one 

14 REPLIES 14