4 RÉPONSES 4
Mazakin
New Voice
Message 1 sur 5
1 529 Visites
Message 1 sur 5
1 529 Visites

Cooling fan running at max on start up

Madion akoya msn30020524. When i first acquired this laptop it ran great. But now the cooling fan is running at max at start-up and all the time i use it. Also since this has happened the laptop is not as quick as it used to be. I have just had a fresh windows installation to see if that would cure it, but has not helped.  As of now there is no programs running but fan still running at max.  Any suggestions much appreciated.

4 RÉPONSES 4
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 sur 5
1 496 Visites
Message 2 sur 5
1 496 Visites

Hi @Mazakin,

you've mentioned you have already performed a clean Windows installation so I assume you've update Windows (including optional updates) and drivers to their latest versions, correct?

If so, you can try to install a monitoring software to check units' temperature to see it is a fan issue or an overheating issue.

It would also help to download and install the Medion Service app available here to look for faults.

Regards,

Gehringer

Mazakin
New Voice
Message 3 sur 5
1 471 Visites
Message 3 sur 5
1 471 Visites

Hi, Thanks for your help, I ran the diagnostics as instructed. Did all updates and restarted, Got as far as checking video adapter and froze and would not go any further. Did this a second time and froze again on memory  test. So the fan is still running at max and programs  running slow. This laptop has not been used for awhile because of this problem.

Quite awhile ago when this problem first started i was messing and i put the memory ram in the second empty slot and this cured the problem ?????. This ran perfectly  for about three months and then it started again and i have tried a new ram but still no good.  What you think?.

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 sur 5
1 452 Visites
Message 4 sur 5
1 452 Visites

Hi @Mazakin ,

if your unit is in warranty I would advise you to call your local Medion technical support team and have it checked by a technician.

Regards,

Gehringer

Mazakin
New Voice
Message 5 sur 5
1 293 Visites
Message 5 sur 5
1 293 Visites

Hi, We are still working on the unit. Fitted new ssd drive, Updates for nvidia which were missing, new rams, bios updates and do you know, it is still a pile of shit.

Was hoping to play World of warcraft as a spare but it will not even load the game and if it do's it comes up 3d accelerator missing.

4 RÉPONSES 4