Can´t do factory reset in MEDION AKOYA S4401 (MD 61269) ES

1 REPLY 1
AntonioS
Newcomer
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Can´t do factory reset in MEDION AKOYA S4401 (MD 61269) ES

Hi,

I have a problem with my keyboard that seems to be a software problem, so I want to restore to the factory status and reinstall everything from zero, but I cant. I have tried to start the system pressing F11, I have started the system in safe mode (the keyboard works) and tried all that I found in Internet, but nothing.

In d: unit I have the medion and recover folders.

Please give me some tips.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

@AntonioS 

Hi Antonio,  your manual for the notebook says  PowerRecover is optional.

You could check in your Unit D. Is it a second disk drive? Or is the "Unit" just a Partition D  named Recover in the only drive ?

Second is in the partition D:\   a folder Recover with an install.wim file  (about 15 GB) plus some other files?

They should do the job. But if you changed the partition setup, eg changed the size of the partitions to enlarge the Windows partition, then Power Recover can not function anymore.

But often it is just a problem with the start procedure.

1. If you leave Windows , press the Shift button, hold it and only then click on Shut Down.

Then before starting press and hold the F11 tab, then switch the PC on. Hold the F11 tab until the PowerRecover screen appears.

2. There should be an App PowerRecover in Windows; click on it and the Notebook will reboot into Power Recover.

Cheers, daddle

1 REPLY 1