Akoya S3409 noisy fan.

10 REPLIES 10
PhilE
Trainee
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Akoya S3409 noisy fan.

Hello all, I have the Akoya S3409.

Purchased last year and working perfectly.  However, the fan is making a slight clicking sound.  I'd like to get any dust out of the fan if possible.

Have spoken to Medion customer service, who can't comment on how to remove the build up of dust from the fan.  If anyone could advise, that would be much appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Hi @PhilE and welcome

I don't think the quiet click comes from the dust.

but just have a look, take off the under cover.

if you want to clean the fan use compressed air from the can.

important: but block the fan when blowing out.

Bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
PhilE
Trainee
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the reply.

I did take the screws of the under cover off, but the cover wouldn't come off and I didn't want to force it.
For some reason the noise has stopped today.

How about simply blowing compressed air into the vent to clear dust, should that be ok?

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Hi @PhilE 

you write: "For some reason the noise has stopped today"    before or after you have loosened the screws?

"How about simply blowing compressed air into the vent to clear dust?

I would not do that,

the dust may press into the corners and there may be unnecessary heat build-up in the components located there during operation due to the dust.

Tschüss Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
PhilE
Trainee
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hi, the noise didn't stop immediately after I replaced the cover but a few hours after.

The fan sounds absolutely fine now, system running normal. 

In case it happens again, what is the best way to remove the back cover?  Thank you, appreciate your help.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Hi @PhilE 

"Um an die Innereien zu gelangen, muss die Unterschale entfernt werden. Dazu werden als Erstes alle Schrauben gelöst. Anschließend kann die Unterschale mit Hilfe eines Fugenglätters abgelöst werden. Dabei muss vorsichtig vorgegangen werden. Ansonsten könnten die empfindlichen Halteklammern brechen."

"To get to the innards, the lower shell must be removed. First, all screws are loosened. The lower shell can then be removed using a joint smoothing tool. Care must be taken here. Otherwise, the sensitive retaining clips could break."

bye Fishtown

PhilE
Trainee
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Could you are anyone else give me some information, as to how to safely pry the back panel off?

PhilE
Trainee
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Bump

Gehringer
Retired
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Hi @PhilE ,

there should be no secrets on doing so if you have the proper knowledge and expertise to do so.

@Fishtown link is helpful.

I would not recommend you to try it if you are not skilled nor trained to do so because at minimum you warranty will be compromised if anything goes wrong.

Regards,

Gehringer

PhilE
Trainee
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Thanks.
What am wondering is where to press the tool, and in what direction to push in order to pry the cover off.  A simple diagram to do this, would be very helpful.  If you or anyone could link me to one, that would be much appreciated.

If I could at least know where the retaining clips are, I could then take care not to damage them.

10 REPLIES 10