Burkathy
Trainee
Bericht 1 van 1
1.022 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 1
1.022 Weergaven

11.6" Notebook E2228T Model MD 61050

11.6" Notebook E2228T Model MD 61050

My Medion Akoya  E2228T with Intel® Atom® x5-Z8300 processor is asking for the Bios password and I must have entered it originally mis-spelt as now it will not accept what I thought it was. I cannot get past the Medion logo on start-up, as it asks for the password and after 3 attempts will not accept anymore. I've tried caps lock on and off even though it was only numbers. Medion says I have to reflash the bios or send it back and pay for the service (approx £100 + postage). So I am looking to do it myself.

Anyone have any knowledge of what is involved to help me? I have opened the case and disconnected the battery overnight but that did not help. Possibly shorting points on the motherboard is the answer but what points to short? There is no cmos battery or jumpers that I can recognise, so cannot use that method..

It runs on an SSD but it the connections are complicated, and taped to the back of the machine so I don't like to touch that, but removing, then formating it and reinstalling windows using another pc could also work?

Absolutely no access to the OS so recovery options are not available. I have proof of purchase and am registered with Medion who have helped me out in the past with problems under the warranty, but this is not covered. Can anyone help me save it from the dustbin please?

Many thanks in advance if anyone out there can.

0 ANTWOORDEN 0
0 ANTWOORDEN 0