How do I switch from Windows 10 in S-mode to Windows 10 Home version?
To end the Windows 10 S mode, Microsoft offers a free app on the App Store. After running the app, Windows 10 in S-mode is a full Windows 10 Home.
Please note that the process can not be reversed!
The procedure is as follows:
1. Press the Start button located at the bottom left of your screen.
2. Select the Settings icon, located just above the power icon on the Start menu.
3. Select Update & Security in the Settings app.
4. Select Activation, and then select Go to Store.
5. Select the Get option.
6. Then hit Install when ready to proceed.
The process to switch out of S mode is seconds (maybe about five to be exact). You do not need to restart the PC for it to take effect. You can just continue on and start installing .exe apps now in addition to apps from the Microsoft Store.