Did you mean: 

x40 Beast - cooling issues

4 REPLIES 4
Thenewb
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

x40 Beast - cooling issues

hey guys i seem to be having issues with the cooling on my x40, I have the watercool kit for it and when thats all setup things seem fine. When im not using it my cpu temp seems to go sky high, even when I have the fans on max. There is no obstruction to the air flow vents and I even have the laptop slightly tilted to allow air underneath, With a game open on the main windown my cpu usage was at 20% but the cpu temp was 94 degrees C, surely something is wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Thenewb ,

I´m not sure if both of them do exactly have the same ERAZER Beast machine, but maybe @Mrdanky or @Odarnok can share their thoughts one this one. The discussed water cooling solutions in this thread

Can you also tell me, if you already updated your Bios & EC upt to V N1.23MED08_EC_1.14.00_20230801?

Otherwise you can download it on our service webpage

Disclaimer:
For any errors, caused by the execution of this update, MEDION doesn´ t accept any responsibility for damage or loss of data.The customer agrees with that fact by executing the update. 

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Thenewb
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Im having to use XMG's bios version N.1.23A12 I do have the watercooling kit from XMG because Medion dont sell the kit for the UK market 😞

Thenewb
New Voice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thenewb_0-1700175662558.png

that with water cooling, room temp probably about 20 Degree Celsius

Lozep
Trainee
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I have the same issue. Idle, the CPU go up to 94 degrees. When playing, go down. 

Maybe its a throttle

4 REPLIES 4