Did you mean: 

p6679 won't clear cmos and update Bios after surfer from randsom virus

9 REPLIES 9
dutchy_for_live
New Voice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

p6679 won't clear cmos and update Bios after surfer from randsom virus

Dear Community, looking for help by clearing cmos and update bios.   for p6679     MD60262 .    Last month had to suffer a randsom virusattack, tried to do clean install. but part of symtones from virus come back;;;   

** did try to update bios with program from Medion. not worked.

** did try to put bios to factory not worked

** did try to change mbr to gl   etc.

But I read something about changing the flag in the file platform.ini      (by taking the original file from Medion  and Unrar the .exe file

: C:\Medion\WinD17KMD.211.exe            so I have the platform.ini file  !!    but scared I do something wrong I look for help to change the FLAG into platform.ini   that it will update (0= 1)change into FLAG ….. and maybe to format part of bios  to recover from virus ????  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TuMQSCr2goAJ9jS6X_TpmgLWMHtdVHFm/view?usp=sharing 

thank you in advance

Dutchy

9 REPLIES 9
TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Hi @dutchy_for_live 

I am sorry to hear you were victim of a virus.
Just to make sure I know exactly which model of Medion we are talking about , could you tell me the MSN number (8 digit)
and , is your machine still under warranty?

To be fair, at first glance I am not really sure what else to do , I am going to seek advice from colleagues. 
In the meantime someone else from the forum might be able to chime in.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

daddle
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

@dutchy_for_live 

Did you install the Bios with charging above 50 %, the Wall outlet and the power adaptor connected? And did you start the Bios-Flash as an Admin? Otherwise it can not work.

regards, daddle

TPFLegionaire
Retired
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi @dutchy_for_live 

following on @daddle advice could you also tell us which bios version is currently installed.

Cheers!
TPFLegionaire

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • • Community: community.medion.com

Please reward helpful posts with Kudos and mark solutions with Accept as solution.

dutchy_for_live
New Voice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

First sorry not answering sooner.  < My computer won't boot up anymore ,not in windows. And even not from most usb boot. now working with Kaspersky.

My computer has the following bios:

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@dutchy_for_live  schrieb:

First sorry not answering sooner.  < My computer won't boot up anymore ,not in windows. And even not from most usb boot. now working with Kaspersky.

@dutchy_for_live 

This does not prevent you from booting into the Bios. But your sticks are not UEFi compatible. You should make use of the Media Ceation Tool from  Microsoft, which prepares an universal booting USB-stick with the newest Win 10 ISO  included .

Or you need to have Secure Boot set to "Disabled" and the CSM-Mode ( or OS / Others Win7, or Legacy mode) activated. Carefull, in  most bios the emulation (CSM- mode) for a classical bios only can be activated after Secure Boot ist set to "Disabled". 

And the boot media,  DVD or USB-stick, must be inserted before you switch power on to your PC. s.v.r.

daddle

dutchy_for_live
New Voice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

thanks for interest:

the ditals are  msn  30022293 p6679 md60464 NL   bios 207 gop version 9.0.1048       ec 2300000F03       MEFW  11.5.0.1058 /consumer

unfortunately sometimes it starts up regonizign uefi (sardu 3.8)   kasparski rescue disgue Sometimes not !   yes did put bios in factory but it changes without touching !        so I want to do with the script as if everything is oke but flag is saying not oke . by changing 0 and 1 maybbe I could it out of my bios !

dutchy_for_live
New Voice
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

sorry to answer so late .And thank you you wanna help problems are worse I could not come into bios with usb stick made by Sardu 3.8 and yes I tryed all solutions in the post .

the ditals are msn 30022293 p6679 md60464 NL bios 207 gop version 9.0.1048 ec 2300000F03 MEFW 11.5.0.1058 /consumer

unfortunately sometimes it starts up regonizign uefi (sardu 3.8) kasparski rescue disgue Sometimes not ! yes did put bios in factory but it changes without touching ! so I want to do with the script as if everything is oke but flag is saying not oke . by changing 0 and 1 maybbe I could it out of my bios !

dutchy_for_live
New Voice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

thank you for the info : I used sardu put in on uefi because my harddisk is formated to GL and not mbr.!!!! did this all as an administrator !!!    I search all medium side for solkutions of buios problems ! and I tryed from changing to Mbr back to Gl make it dynamic >>>    try to to factory reset in the bios it self. No Solution.

Yes Coming into bios only with kasparsky rescue disk. tryed to put bootdisk, eset     with same method even lubuntu ... NO BOOT    sometimes with kaspasky.

*** put all log and diagnose on from Windows because I knew (unfortanely the systems from virus ransomware )  but next it would not accept any inlog in windows ,,,,,,,,,,,,,    all check codes for inport key are damaged ... so are also the Bios value! that is why I tought of changing the platform.ini file form an usb miniwindows .... but since I not worked with flaggs before I was hoping to get more info !microsoft trial version had some problems with security.PNGyo microsoft is doing crazy too size hdd.PNG

daddle
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@dutchy_for_live 

An  UEFI-Bios which changes settings by itself??? Than you should look for a Bios Repair shop, which is capable of flashing a new Firmware to the UEFI-CHIP, or soldering a new chip onto the mainboard.

One last try first: Prepare an USB-Stick with the Media Creation Tool min 8 GB,

--> https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/software-download/windows10,

set the UEFI to "Defaults", and 

connect the USB Stick before switching Power on

And in UEFI the stick will be listed, may be like: UEFI_ Lexar Flash Stick

This one you should put in first position, if it is possible.

Second way, whilest starting pressig F10 you'll get the UefI-Bootmanager on top of the screen with all bootable media 

listed to mark one and choose.to boot from.

Your trial with kaspersky, ubuntu etc is useless and in vain, and modifying the ini? -  Which  ini?

I' ll be out here, sorry I can't follow your ideas anymore.

Regards, daddle

9 REPLIES 9