12 ANTWORTEN 12
william-london
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 13
5.099 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 13
5.099 Aufrufe

erazer p7647

hi i have the erazer 7647 md 60534uk it has the hdd drive and an ssd drive built in 

the hdd drive is almost full and i would like to move everything over to the sdd drive 

please how do i do this

12 ANTWORTEN 12
daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 13
4.202 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 13
4.202 Aufrufe

@william-london 

The Medion Database says your PC (MSN  30022546) was delivered with a 2 TB HDD (a Seagate SATA ST2000LM015)  only.

So did you upgrade your PC with a SSD? And on which disk the OS is installed?

daddle

william-london
New Voice
Nachricht 3 von 13
4.184 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 13
4.184 Aufrufe

this is what my order was from Tesco https://www.tesco.com/phones/orders/trn:tesco:order:gmo:4J8C9YTDY  and I assumed there was a 2TB SSD DRIVE and something like a 500GB HDD well I am getting messages that my storage is nearing full and I can see that the 2TB is empty 

if I am wrong then I put my hands up to being stupid I am 63 and have very little knowledge when it comes to computers 

I spend most of my time in youtube gathering working knowledge of what I need to do but was unable to find what i need to do here

if this is not possable please say and inform me how to save to the 2TB

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 4 von 13
4.176 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 13
4.176 Aufrufe

@william-london  

@william-london  schrieb:

...and I assumed there was a 2TB SSD DRIVE and something like a 500GB HDD well I am getting messages that my storage is nearing full and I can see that the 2TB is empty 

It sounds rather unlikely; normally you get a smaller (eg 500 GB) SSD and a larger HDD, your 2 TB.  And mostly Windows is installed on the SSD, and the larger HDD you can make use of for data saving.

The link to Tesco only works for members. And "old" age is no excuse. I am much older then you are; and IT, Programming nor digital technician is my profession.

But with your meager informations about your system I am afraid I can not help you.

First you have to give more correct informations:

1. Check for Bios or UEFI. Which one do you have?

2. Check in device manager ->  Win Tab + X  -> Device Manager;  or   Win Tab + R -

-> enter devmgmt.msc , and list the disks mentioned in category disk drives

3.  Open with Windows Tab + X (for Win 8.1 or Win 10) Disk Management or

--> Win Tab + R -> Type  diskmgmt.msc  and hit Enter; read out which disks you have. 

And give me the size of each total disk.

On which drive the C-partition with Windows is installed (Boot, Page file, Crash dump, Basic Data Partitition)   -> To do this scroll down and look in the bottom area at the graphics.

If you enter your MD 60534 or the MSN 30022546 ( in this service field ) you also get some technical specifications, which says there only a  2TB SATA ST2000LM015 HDD is installed?  This disk should contain the operation system( Windows 10).

Maybe Tesco varied the inner values a bit, to push sales.

daddle

sweetpoison
Mentor
Nachricht 5 von 13
4.159 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 13
4.159 Aufrufe

From what I found so far it looks like a windows 10 laptop and a simple WIN+E than a click on "this PC" should give you some basic information about HDD capacity, load and available space.

Example:

Also, be aware about youtube, lots of rubbish there and lots of "how to..." could damage your operating system or even make you lose data. 

On what I see you either

- have a SSD for operating system AND a hdd for storage and you saved a lot of data on document folder or desktop which eventually filled up the SSD or

- you have only one HDD which eventually got full.

Please see the the status for Storage to figure out what have to be done.

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 6 von 13
4.149 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 13
4.149 Aufrufe

@sweetpoison 

In fact you repeated only more or less the hints I gave already. And the best is to go into disk management, as described.

The Explorer "This PC" will not necessarily displays all installed drives. 

But @william-london is confused, most probably he mixes up the HDD and SSD.

Thats why first  he discrepancy of how many disks and which contains the OS should be solved. It's of no use to confuse with a second approach. Which means waiting for @william-londons  reply first.

And why did you refer to You tube videos. There was never spoken nor mentioned, to get help from there.

daddle

william-london
New Voice
Nachricht 7 von 13
4.108 Aufrufe
Nachricht 7 von 13
4.108 Aufrufe

is this helpful

• Processor: 61983

• Memory: RAM:1x 8192 MB DDR3L SO-DIMM (PC3-12800 / 1600 MHz)(1/2 belegt; 16 GB max.)

• BIOS/Chipsatz: -

• Display: 17,3" (43,9 cm) TFT Widescreen mit IPS- Technologie Auflösung: 1920 x 1080 Pixel (16:9) non Glare

• Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce N16P-GT-A2 GTX950M

• Optical drive: 64736

• Hard disk: HDD 2TB SATA ST2000LM015

• Sound card: DHT (DAX2)

• Network: WLAN Intel AC8265 AC+BT M.2

• Software: Preload System (Win 10 Home Entry NB 64Bit) - No Disc!

william-london
New Voice
Nachricht 8 von 13
4.106 Aufrufe
Nachricht 8 von 13
4.106 Aufrufe

• Processor: 61983

• Memory: RAM:1x 8192 MB DDR3L SO-DIMM (PC3-12800 / 1600 MHz)(1/2 belegt; 16 GB max.)

• BIOS/Chipsatz: -

• Display: 17,3" (43,9 cm) TFT Widescreen mit IPS- Technologie Auflösung: 1920 x 1080 Pixel (16:9) non Glare

• Sound card: DHT (DAX2)

• Network: WLAN Intel AC8265 AC+BT M.2

• Software: Preload System (Win 10 Home Entry NB 64Bit) - No Disc!

william-london
New Voice
Nachricht 9 von 13
4.104 Aufrufe
Nachricht 9 von 13
4.104 Aufrufe

also please tell me how to get pic of my desktop and post as you did 

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 10 von 13
4.091 Aufrufe
Nachricht 10 von 13
4.091 Aufrufe

@william-london  schrieb:
  • (......)

• (.....)

and:

@william-london  wrote before:

this is what my order was from Tesco ....  and 

I assumed there was a 2TB SSD DRIVE and something like a 500GB HDD well I am getting messages that my storage is nearing full and I can see that the 2TB is empty 

Where is the build in SSD you spoke of in your first post? And you told us your HDD is 500 GB, and the SSD had a capacity of 2 TB. Which I did not believe anyway. 

And please check the bottom of your NB for the MSN number; it's printed on a sticker and please post it here.

Ok, but your 2TB HDD contains the OS (Windows), your installed programs and games, and  a lot of data (documents, downloads, videos, game data, pictures, papers etc). But then the other time you wrote your HDD is empty???

The HDD is partitioned (separated) normally in two or three partitions (compartments), which are named C:\ with Windows on it, D:\ for data and often a  third called E:\ , which contains the folder Recover with the recover files, and the folders E:\ Drivers and E:\ Tools.

These could  be on Drive D:\ instead, if there is no Partition E on your HDD.

With the recover files you can reset your computer back to the factory setup, but completely without your personal programs and data. Those will all be deleted by resetting the PC.

If you want to clone all this to a SSD, you need a very big SSD, and it is not guaranteed that your PC works with two such big disks. And a SSD this size is quite expensive.

So the better way would be, you buy a SSD, let's say 256 or 512 GB, and this you build in as additional disk, if there is another mounting place for a second disk. And then only clone  the Windows-OS Partition C:\ onto your new SSD. 

Edit: I just checked your instruction manual --> http://download2.medion.com/downloads/anleitungen/bda_40062658.pdf

On page 31 is described how to install an additional harddisk; this fits also a SSD with max. 9mm thickness, I assume)

You also could buy an external disk drive (USB 3 or USB C 2nd generation, they are fast), and copy all your data you do not really need all the time onto the external disk. 

(No one really needs so many videos, pictures or music title on the internal disk all at a time)

But first use the diskmgmt.msc as I described in post 4:

3.  Open with Windows --> Tab + X  --> choose Disk Management, or

Please read out which disks you have, what size of each partition with th ename and how much is occupied already.

And make  a screen copy of the DiskManagemnet Windows. The program to capture the screen or a cut out  is on your PC and is called "snipping tool". 

With this little program after Start you

--> set Mode to  rectangular clipping, outline the part of the screen  you want to copy,

--> afterwards you have to "save" the Image and give it a name you can easy remember

--> remember the localization your picture is saved.

To post the picture, click on the camera symbol in the header top line:

Photo_Upload.PNG

Then enter the path to your saved screenshot of outlined and copied window.

daddle

12 ANTWORTEN 12