Did you mean: 

control center and windows power settings ? also cc 3.0 is in windows store

4 REPLIES 4
jonnyauk
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

control center and windows power settings ? also cc 3.0 is in windows store

hello all hope everyone is good and safe . 

i purchased the erazer crawler e10 last week and am pretty impressed with it although one thing is kinda bugging me . 

the control center power profiles . how do these work exactley and are they only on plugged in power ?

for instance on battery with balanced settings set in windows power it shows 3hrs battery left with the cc set on entertainment yet if i change that to power saver it seems nothing happens and the battery icon still says 3hrs . 

My question is does the control center actually work with power profiles overiding windows ?

also just incase nobody knew you can download the control center from the windows store 

clevco control center 3.0 is in there and free 

4 REPLIES 4
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Welcome to Medion Community @jonnyauk 

CC and Windows Power Options are doing same thing: control and set this:

One app will automatically affect the other or will do nothing. Recommend to stay stick to Medion drivers or with windows basic settings.

About the reported time to use, it's all relative and it's based on the power use at that time so if you continue to do what you were doing it will hold 3h.

Example: a regular view over windows settings vs medion driver settings use just a bit of power and make no difference if you set "max performance" or "battery save". If you change the balance while you have a game running you will notice straight away the changes on ingame image quality and performance vs remaining time for use on battery.

A laptop use custom made drivers in order to maintain the stability and performance so I wouldn't put much trust on "universal" control center (which it doesn't even start on my medion). Even the drivers installed by windows during update process are approved and verified by medion. 

As a side story unrelated to your enquiry I removed my power control center provided by driver software in favor for windows power settings because I didn't like how the CC was managing the charging options. It was my choice and I can't recommend that. But overall I didn't affect in any bad way the stability and performance.

Cheers.

jonnyauk
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply so would u just leave the windows power settings on balanced and use cc options.

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I prefer max performance (no standby nor sleep) when plugged and power save when use battery.

Balanced it's like doing 2 things in same time and none of them good. It gives less performance when you are using the power line and gives a bit more while using the battery. 

FORMERxZOMBIE
Beginner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Did you get this working automatically?

It really seems like CC does not have this option to detect line/battery power and implement another power mode...
Isn't the windows power control better this way?

Or: what makes CC better at anything at all?

Have a great day!

4 REPLIES 4