X7859 BIOS

1 REPLY 1
heavy651
Beginner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

X7859 BIOS

Hi all!

Recently I have bought a laptop X7859 and decided to update the BIOS. In the internet I found this version of BIOS: https://www.medion.com/gb/service/_lightbox/treiber_details.php?did=19081 is that OK? I followed the instalation procedure and it looked like everythink was OK, then I installed the EC-Keyboard EC Update (I dont know what it is).

Everything works, but now the laptop's keyboard slowly blinks while the PC is turning up. And before updating I had to hold the bower botton for 1s to swich the laptop on, now I press quickly and one is launched immidiatly. Is it OK? The second question is what is the latest version of the BIOS?

1 REPLY 1
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hi @heavy651 and sorry for the late response,

generally we prefer to update the Bios/Firmware Version of your laptop series via the Windows Update functionality, which means that you open up the device manager, extend the item Firmware,  right click onto Systemfirmware and search for updates. Doing it the way, users an assure to alway have the recent firmware/BIOS version on their unit.

Current version, which can be downloaded from WU is BIOS 1.07.07RGME

As you already found out, executing the EC Update modifies the behaviour of the keyboard an the Control Center Utility options/settings.
If further questions occur, please feel free to comment below.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
1 REPLY 1