Did you mean: 

X7847 SSD Upgrade Question

10 REPLIES 10
PocketDog
Trainee
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

X7847 SSD Upgrade Question

I have the Erazer X7847 MD60537 MSN 30022557 that has an M.2 SATA Samsung 128GB SSD and a 1TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD.

I was hoping to replace the M.2 SATA SSD with a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD which would be much faster - does anyone know if this is possible (I assume I will have to find a PCIe slot in there somewhere unless the SATA SSD is connected to a port that supports both, I am unsure if this laptop has the spare slots).

And if it is possible, is there an easy way to transfer the boot SSD to the new NVMe SSD?

Any help would be great!  

10 REPLIES 10
daddle
Superuser
Message 11 of 11
Message 11 of 11

@sweetpoison  schrieb:

If you decide to use AOMEI Data Backuper  there's what you need to do:

(---)

3. Install and run Backuper. Make a bootable USB stick with windows PE support.

(---)

3. Under Backuper select disk "back up" then select the OS disk as source and the usb stick as destination. Try to do this right in 1st try because on second back up the size of image is double (no idea why and since it's a free program I can't complain either).

Hi @sweetpoison 

I would not backup to an USB Stick. I'll do a  backup to a mobile ssd  (128 GB SSD 30,- € plus adapter cable SATA to USB 3.0,  7,-€)  which is much faster than most USB sticks. With a 64 GB SSD mobile connected SSD its even cheaper.

Just make use of the USB stick, if necessary, to start the portable copy of AOMEi Backupper. With this you can restore your image from the SSD to the new drive if you have to swap it. That is very easy, and with the mobile ssd very fast.

If you have both drives, old and new built in parallel , it's more easy to make a direct copy with the MiniToolPartititonWizard, or make use of it's assistent to Migrate OS. 

If your free version of AOMEI Backupper pro  allows, you also can off course  use it's Klon function for direct migrating your OS.

regards, daddle

10 REPLIES 10