X5361 G support samsung 970evo plus?

SOLVED
5 REPLIES 5
30lucas30
Trainee
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

X5361 G support samsung 970evo plus?

ive been having abit of trouble and dont know too much im affarid, ive got a Erazer X5361 G with i think a B250H4-EM mother board, i see what looks like the right M.2 connection plug but the samsung drivers dont detect it and neither does my bois by the looks of it. any ideas on how i can get it to work. thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
30lucas30
Trainee
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Okay everyone, I got it sorted, had to remove my old HDD, swap bois from RST to AHCI disable CSM. Change boot to USB and install a fresh windows 10 off a stick. Once installed windows, installed the Samsung NVMe driver and magician. Then restarted my computer and changed the boot to the 970evo and re enabled CSM. Boom mind blown I'm a noob with no experience in BOIS. So much for plug and play. Can anyone give advice on disk cloning? Thanks 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Luke
Community Manager
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hello @30lucas30 and welcome to our Community.

Your mainboard offers these M2 interfaces:

• • 1x M.2 NGFF1 2260 and 2280 size with flexible standoff, SATA mode only
    • 1x M.2 NGFF2 E-Key 2230 for WLAN only
    • 1x M.2 NGFF3 for PCIe X4 NVMe SSD and Intel Optane module 2260 & 2280

Hope this helps,

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
30lucas30
Trainee
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Erm, a little bit I think, so it should support this internal storage then? Why cant I get mine to work? Thanks 

Luke
Community Manager
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hello @30lucas30 ,

Yes, according to Samsung`s Data Sheet it should be compatible. You may contact their

support to get further information.

Cheers,

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
30lucas30
Trainee
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@Luke  thanks i was installing hardwear in wrong connection,  i can now see the device in disk management but still cant install drivers do i need to change any settings?

thanks

30lucas30
Trainee
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Okay everyone, I got it sorted, had to remove my old HDD, swap bois from RST to AHCI disable CSM. Change boot to USB and install a fresh windows 10 off a stick. Once installed windows, installed the Samsung NVMe driver and magician. Then restarted my computer and changed the boot to the 970evo and re enabled CSM. Boom mind blown I'm a noob with no experience in BOIS. So much for plug and play. Can anyone give advice on disk cloning? Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5