Water Cooling Kit - Erazer Beasr X40

41 REPLIES 41
SiaOiz
Beginner
Message 1 of 42
Message 1 of 42

Water Cooling Kit - Erazer Beasr X40

Hi all,

I have the Erazer Beast X40 and just trying to find out where I can buy the Water Cooling Kit for this laptop from?

Thanks

Matt

41 REPLIES 41
r3nfolly
Apprentice
Message 11 of 42
Message 11 of 42

OK, guys. I'll detail how I managed to get this.

Before I start, I'm not affiliated with any of these websites or links, neither are getting anything in return, you can source other options.

I searched for a company that does "Parcel Forwarding", and I found https://mygermany.com/, I paid 1 Euro to register on the website. After that, I got a German Address.
With the German Address, I bought the MEDION® ERAZER® Cooling Kit using my PayPal Account I paid £185.84 (Converted Price).
MyGermany just emailed me saying the parcel was delivered and the cost to send it to the UK is £22.89

So, after all the work and the total of £208,73, I'll receive my Cooling Kit in 2/3 days.

Good luck to everyone, I hope everyone finds this useful.

Ps. MyGermany website has options, like opening the parcel, taking pictures, changing the box, and other stuff I didn't use.

Mrdanky
Apprentice
Message 12 of 42
Message 12 of 42

That’s great to hear. I was looking into a forwarding service but when I tried to pay with PayPal it kept getting rejected because of my billing address. Couldn’t even try to pay by credit card on their site again due to being in the UK. 

I found someone on Reddit who received theirs and didn’t open it yet so he agreed to sell me his and buy another one for himself. 

I’ve also ordered the xmg one (no surprise, easily able to order directly) so I’ll test that and see if it works too. 

When I looked into forwarding service, you still might get stung with an import tax fee so just be aware of that

Odarnok
Apprentice
Message 13 of 42
Message 13 of 42

Thanks for your time.

I wait for your results with XMG water cooling kit.

Mrdanky
Apprentice
Message 14 of 42
Message 14 of 42

Xmg oasis is great. Since medion don’t really offer any support or even ship to my country, (the UK hardly a small market), even though their laptops are sold out at retailers.. 

I now flashed xmg bios as medion don’t seem to release updates bios’. Works perfectly and I can now do proper Undervolting in bios and reap all the other benefits. Doubt I’ll ever buy anything from medion again, awful support. 

r3nfolly
Apprentice
Message 15 of 42
Message 15 of 42

Did you find any problems with using the XMG Bios?

I was thinking to do this. Now I just paid an extra £47 in import fees to receive the Medion Water Cooling Kit, should receive Tuesday. 

I'm thinking to flash as XMG too and try to use the Medion WCK on it to see if works.

Mrdanky
Apprentice
Message 16 of 42
Message 16 of 42

No problems at all. I should have tested xmg oasis with medion bios and control centre really. But obviously medion don’t have any bios’ available to download so I can’t flash back to test. But let me know how you get on with medion cooler on xmg bios. A German contact posted me a medion wc but it looks like it’s been lost in transit annoyingly 

r3nfolly
Apprentice
Message 17 of 42
Message 17 of 42

If the Medion WCK doesn't work, I'll sell it on eBay and buy the XMG Oasis.  I hope works, I liked the fact that the Medion all the connections are on the back of the WCK.

Mrdanky
Apprentice
Message 18 of 42
Message 18 of 42

Yeh the xmg is the old version it seems but performance is still great. I am trading blows with premamod on 3dmark leaderboards. (Premamod is the guy who makes bios’ he’s made the eluktronics bios for our laptops) I’ve had to settle for second place on the leaderboards 

r3nfolly
Apprentice
Message 19 of 42
Message 19 of 42

I know about the Prema, if we can get one version for our laptops I'm happy to contribute.

r3nfolly
Apprentice
Message 20 of 42
Message 20 of 42

Question about the BIOS logo, for you is showing "CEPIER" now when you boot?

41 REPLIES 41