1 REPLY 1
FetaMuncher
New Voice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Unsure why laptop overheats

Hi folks,

ERAZER-X7853

When I first got this, the first day I got a blue screen; I should have sent it back then and there, but I was too excited with the new laptop. I noticed it reaching high temperatures. I thought it was the graphics card ((gtx1070) because I play a game notorious for making graphics cards overwork (Rust). It would actually shut down, blue screen, because what I thought was for the heat. It overheats only when I start games.

My friend tinkered with the settings a bit, and it became manageable. Since then I also use a cooling pad and an air extractor on the side.

A few days ago, I was playing and realised the device wasn't hot; the power adapter had been accidently disconnected. This leads me to believe the problem from the start wasn't the graphics card, but the power routing. I believe the device is constantly using battery power and recharging at the same time, causing everything to heat up. Is there a way to force the laptop to use the power adapter when the battery reaches 100% without removing the battery?

1 REPLY 1
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hi @FetaMuncher ,

just stumbled over your post from late 2023 and I´m wondering if this issue is still present. I would be helpful, if you would have provided information about

a) the game(s) you are usually playing

b) the currently running operating system version, extended by the question,if you already have installed all recent updates(also the optional ones)

c) the 8-digit- MSN article numer (like 3002xxx) which islocated on the lower case of your housing

d) last not least the Bios version,you are currently using (like 1.05.04RGME1)

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
1 REPLY 1