Touchpad partially recognised

8 REPLIES 8
the_dodo
Trainee
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Touchpad partially recognised

Hello,

I recently bought an erazer p60 and just installed windows11 successfully. Both in the bios (even before installing w11) or when booted on w11, my touchpad "works" to a certain extent : physical bottom left and right clicks work and gliding and "taping" with one finger moves the cursor and left clicks. However, gliding and clicking with 2 or more fingers does nothing, which is rather bothersome, especially not being able to scroll with 2 fingers.

I have installed all the drivers appearing on the medion p60's page, as well as w11's ones.

The main anomalies I have are these :

1 : In the w11 touchpad options, I don't have the "gesture options"

the_dodo_0-1722449310742.png

2 : In the advanced touchpad options, I don't have the "ELAN" menu (I asked the support, it is supposed to be an elan touchpad)

the_dodo_1-1722449332894.png

3 : In the device manager my touchpad is recognized as a "ps2 mouse", and nothing in the interface devices (I saw some tutorials where the touchpad was there)

the_dodo_2-1722449403392.png

4 : I tried installing this elan driver : https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=elan+touchpad
onto the "ps2 mouse". I had a popup telling that it might not be adapted, and after installing and restarting, my touchpad wasn't working at all. Uninstalled the device at it was back to "normal" (partially functioning).

So I contacted the support, telling me to send back the pc. I can't do it as I need it for work. I would be glad if any of you has a solution.

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Hello @the_dodo and welcome
state the MSN number of the device.
Your pictures cannot be seen yet, they have to be released to others first.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
the_dodo
Trainee
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hello, my msn is : 30036599

Ah sorry for the pictures, how do I "release to the others"?

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Hello @the_dodo 
it's all good.
The images must first be checked by a Medion moderator before being released. For example, they may not contain a serial number, be political in nature or be discriminatory.
If you do not comply with the rules you will be rejected. If everything is good, we won't see her until tomorrow at the earliest.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
the_dodo
Trainee
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Hi again,

I tried again installing elan drivers, got the same incompatibility warning than first time I tried, and like first time, the touchpad wasn't responding at all after pc restart. However when investigating device manager I found this :

the_dodo_0-1722678395696.png

The touch pad, despite not working at all, is now named elan pointing device instead of ps2 mouse. However, what concerns me is the upper red squared message on the picture above telling that the touchpad is plugged in a ps2 mouse port. I hope these information can help you figure out what is happening.

Moreover, can someone provide me with the recommended deputy p60 touchpad drivers. Here are the ones I downloaded here :

https://www.medion.com/fr/service/product-detail/30036599/0571479915?src=my-products

But I can't find which one is supposed to be the touchpad driver

the_dodo_1-1722678976747.png

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Bonjour @the_dodo 
Votre dernière photo montre que les pilotes sont toujours au format ZIP. Vous devez d'abord les décompresser avant de pouvoir les utiliser.

Fishtown_0-1722712643195.png

votre pavé tactile est :

Fishtown_1-1722713115271.png

C'est ce qui est dit dans le manuel d'entretien Clevo et c'est également décrit comme ceci dans le manuel d'utilisation :

Fishtown_2-1722713435061.png

Le contrôle gestuel devrait donc fonctionner.

au revoir Fishtown

the_dodo
Trainee
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

No the photo I took was just to help you or somebody else show me which of the folders contained the touchpad drivers, if there are any. Indeed I had already unzipped the folders to install the drivers. I did it again and this is the console ran thanks to the install file in the drv_Crawler_E50_Deputy_P60_w11 folder unzipped :

the_dodo_1-1722717584769.png

the_dodo_0-1722717323543.png

And after installing them and restarting, I still have the problem of the touchpad being recognised as a ps2 mouse with drivers from 2006 and with no gesture options showing up in the w11 touchpad menu :

the_dodo_2-1722717696360.png

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Hi @the_dodo 
somehow there is a “worm in there”.
All I can think of now is to go into the BIOS and activate “load optimal defaults”.:

To enter BIOS, turn on the computer and press F2 as the system “Boots up”.

and then press F9 to load the "BIOS defaults", and then press F10 to save and exit the settings.

Now try again and check Device Manager

bye Fishtown

the_dodo
Trainee
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Well, it didn't work. Still thank you for your time and help. I guess I will have to send it back, unless anyone thinks of something

8 REPLIES 8