Stuck on BIOS

2 REPLIES 2
pedrojsoria
Newcomer
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Stuck on BIOS

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Erazer X86002 (Model Name MT 8242N, Type Name: MED MT 8242N, MSN: 10023052).

It suddenly shut down and, when trying to start it up, it goes directly into the BIOS. I noticed that time was reseted. After checking CR2302 battery, I noticed it had low voltage (around 2V) so I replaced it. I reseted BIOS config to default but no effect. Computer still goes into BIOS automatically. I disabled fast and silent startups but it doesn´t seem to perform any check, just goes directly into BIOS. After pressing the button I get these two screens, nothing else:

Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-03-20 a las 13.33.39_e19627b7.jpgImagen de WhatsApp 2024-03-20 a las 13.33.46_1b02a951.jpg

I have tried to disconnect all periphelas and components except a memory module (actually I alternated two) but no effect.

Could you please help me to solve this?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Pedro

2 REPLIES 2
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

@pedrojsoria

Hi, most of the time a PC booting into Bios signalizes it doesn't find a functioning boot medium.

In your  case the Longsys (or Foresee) 128 GB M.2 SSD. So try with a Win Installtion medium ( DVD , USB Stick made by Micorsofts MediaCreationTool) to open the Win RE (Repair options) to check the SSD.

And you could try to stet the PC back to stat of deliivery with PowerREcover..

Means While starting pressing and holding the F11 key until PowerRecover starts. But if the defect  of the SSD is serious (electornic defect), it will not help either.

Most of the time it's to no use.

Then you have to replace the M.2 SSD. After replacing the SSD with a same model, may be a bigger sized one.

(But I don't know if a bigger sized model than the original 128 GB M.2 SSD would be reckognized by Power Recover).  You could try PowerRecover again, to install the factory delivery installation.

If this doesn't work, or you prefer the new completely updated Windows version, you could do a new installation using the MediaCreationTool for your Windows version.. The product key is saved in the UEFI. 

If so, then  you should  prefer a bigger sized M.2 SSD, at least 256 GB. It must be a PCIe M.2 SSD. 

Cheers, daddle

pedrojsoria
Newcomer
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thanks a lot for your nice and fasta answer. It seems like my ssd is dead. I am not een able to enter the PowerRecovery. I will buy a new SSD and perform a clean installation.

Best regards,

Pedro Soria

2 REPLIES 2